Position: Production Supervisor
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Our Client, a market leader in providing high quality beneficial sleep solutions is urgently seeking to hire a talented, enthusiastic and well organized Production Supervisor.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading department activities to ensure a quality product is produced safely, in time for delivery and within budgeted costs; key contributor to leading and managing change within the plant.
He/she will supervise the production organization to achieve safety, people development, implement LEAN concepts, improve quality and optimize production, delivery and productivity goals and objectives by performing the following duties;
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Identifies daily production challenges and find solutions to prevent reoccurrence and meet production schedules
- Serves as a link between associates and management and support associates through changes
- Assists in developing and monitoring standardized work for direct reports and adhere to Leader Standard Work for your position
- Audits or assigns audit duties for key result areas (e.g., quality, safety, scrap)
- Monitors production status hourly, remove bottlenecks and take corrective measures to ensure daily goals are met
- Oversees continuous flow and materials delivery systems and work with associates to continuously improve the process
- Develops associates to improve/expand skills and bench strength
- Reviews production schedules and estimate associate hours to complete a job assignment
- Interprets specifications and job orders for associates and delegate duties
- Recommends measures and changes to improve production, equipment, product quality and working conditions
- Initiates and/or suggests plans to motivate and enforce safety rules
- Any other tasks assigned as per business needs
Key Competencies & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Manufacturing or equivalent work experience
- Must have at least 3 or more job-related experience in a lean manufacturing environment which must include three years in a supervisory role.
- LEAN and/or Six Sigma experience preferred
- Assembly experience preferred
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good organizational skills
- Good communication skills
- Sound financial management skills
- Problem solving skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Results/execution driven
- Experience in handling issues of complexity in a busy working environment
If you’re up to the challenge, kindly send CV and cover letter only to email@example.com before close of business 13th March 2020.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and expected salary on the subject line.