CFAO Kenya Limited
A Toyota Tsusho Group Company
Job Title: Project Development Lead – Energy and Infrastructure Division
Reports To: General Manager – Utility Energy
For: Day To Day Support and Guidance
- CFAO Group companies in Kenya
- Toyota Tsusho Investee companies in Kenya
- Stakeholders in Energy and Economic development
Internal Relations: Kenya Shared Services Division
Direct Reports: None
Location: Initially in Kisii (With Frequent visits to Nairobi and other Counties)
Job Purpose: Project Development for Utility Energy Business expansion and diversification.
About the Role:
CFAO Kenya Limited is a Company registered in Kenya and an affiliate of Toyota Tsusho Corporation (Japan) that has business activities covering Automotive, Agribusiness, as well as Power & Infrastructure sectors.
CFAO Kenya has an exciting position for a Project Development Lead assigned to expand the Utility Energy Business portfolio by developing, but not limited to, Mini-grids business.
Initial assignment for the candidate will include development and expansion of the joint mini-grid project in conjunction with Powerhive East Africa Limited (of which Toyota Tsusho Corporation has Equity Interest).
The candidate should have project development experience preferably in rural electrification or renewables energy and capable to develop concepts for ancillary services that promote energy uptake in the installed projects.
We are looking for someone who is proactive, enjoys field work, takes initiative and is willing to meet, discuss and recommend energy solutions that can uplift livelihoods of beneficiaries.
What you will make happen:
- Develop comprehensive qualitative and quantitative analyses of opportunities and market needs for Utility Energy Business, present suggested path to execution to management for review
- Coordinate the development of Energy generation and distribution projects with administrative support to land acquisition, permitting and connection activities.
- Oversee relationships with project stakeholders, including developers, transmission service operators, regulatory & local authorities and suppliers.
- Develop concepts for ancillary services and partnerships to encourage productive energy usage and Negotiate Energy offtake Agreement for them.
- Coordinate with internal Technical, Financial, Legal teams and other stakeholders to implement and accelerate all project related work leading to decision on investment as per internal procedures.
What you already have:
- Business Degree in a relevant field
- 5 years’ experience, with at least 2 years in project development management in the energy sector (preferably renewable energy).
- Previous experience in Land acquisition, licensing & permitting and utility energy connection processes in Kenya is an added advantage.
- Excellent numerical skills with ability to gather, analyse, evaluate and understand data in order to arrive at accurate conclusions and recommendations and make concise concept presentations on the same.
- Strategic thinking, prioritization skills and able to plan and execute under defined procedures.
- Communication: Ability to adapt communication style appropriately to suit a wide range of stakeholders in writing and verbal fluency in both English and Swahili.
- Willingness (and/or Experience) to work as part of a decentralized and partially remote team.
What excites you:
- Passion for Rural Electrification – You are relentless in your pursuit to change lives in rural villages by providing affordable and reliable energy to those who lack access.
- Initiative & commitment generate ideas and possess them to actual implementation with skill and commitment.
- Passion for Networking and great interpersonal skills.
- ICT Savvy with excellent MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Word skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines in an independent capacity. To be a self-starter and self-motivator, working effectively with minimal direction
- Ability to multi-task: will be juggling multiple assignments in parallel and will need to prioritize.
How to Apply
Please visit https://toyotatsusho-ea.com/vacancies/ to apply online.
Applications close on 13th March 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.