Position: Radio Planning & Optimization Engineer
Region: Country Wide
Reporting to: Manager- Radio Network Planning and Optimization
Department: Technology Division
Who We Are
Telkom connects the people that keep Kenya on the move. It does this by providing integrated telecommunications solutions to individuals, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs), Government and large corporates in Kenya, drawing from a diverse solutions suite that includes voice, data, mobile money as well as network services. Powered by its vast fibre optic infrastructure, it is also a major provider of wholesale, carrier-to-carrier traffic within the country and the region.
About This Role
Responsible for 2G/3G and 4G planning and optimization of GSM, UMTS, LTE .The role holder is responsible for overseeing the design, deployment, and optimization of wireless telecommunications networks.
Managing the design phase will include overseeing pre-deployment equipment analysis, technology assessment, radio network planning, access planning, and interference analysis, demand planning, test and measurement of the equipment, and interfacing with the market development team. In the optimization stage, main tasks are to supervise optimal network performance, KPI and network statistics analysis, and parameter optimization.
- Monitor and analyse the GSM/WCDMA/HSPA/LTE Radio Network Statistics on daily basis. Achieve & maintain the Radio Network Performance as per the contracted OSS KPIs(Accessibility,
- Availability, Retainability Mobility & Service Integrity) within company set thresholds.
- Respond to all customer complaints within stipulated SLA. Address coverage and capacity complaints from customer by providing implementable solutions and ensuring closure as per SLA.
- Continuously conduct consistency checks on radio parameters and daily execute corrections with the RNO guidelines.
- Analyse drive test reports including benchmarking reports and implement optimisation recommendations suggested.
- Identify pockets of poor network quality and suggest resolutions for clearing interference ad KPI degradations.
- Execute Network dimensioning tasks to address capacity and coverage requirements by optimally optimising network interfaces and nodes to cater for 2G/3G/LTE v voice and data traffic. This will include TRX additions, 3G upgrades, CE expansions, Power Optimisation, BSC/RNC board capacity utilisations/dimensioning.
- Prepare requested network/Cells KPIs statistics for analysis of incident reports.
- Handling of trials projects, feature testing, POC for new product/features and produce trial detailed reports and business case analysis, follow up on special projects assigned to RNPO with technical reports and results and practising efficient finals Managements.
- Perform radio site surveys, site candidate evaluation/selection and link budget planning for both new radio site integration and radio site relocation
- Use specialised propagation modelling tools to conduct coverage planning, capacity planning, interference analysis and optimisation.
- Carry out optimization techniques for optimal site/cluster performance.
- Define and/or adapt processes and procedures for RF engineering tasks.
- BSC in Electrical Engineering, Telecommunication, ICT or related course
- At least 5 yrs. experience in RAN Network planning and optimisation 2 of which should be directly with ZTE and /Huawei
- Advance certifications in IT/T related courses.
- Must have worked with ZTE/Huawei RAN equipment.
- Proven experience in the se of u200/PRS/NETNUME MAPINFO/ACTIX/NEMO, and planet planning tool.
- Through knowledge of RAN features/Roadmaps/Equipment lifecycles.
- Autonomy in a multicultural and multifunctional environment, ability to liaise with other entities and departments inside TKL and outside.
- Proactive and dynamic
- Ability to work under pressure
- Efficient and results oriented
- Self-motivated person able to work under minimum supervision
- Excellent organisation and communications kills
- Proven leadership skills.
How to Apply
Application should be sent to email@example.com by providing an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) before 31st March, 2020 including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.