Job Title: Operations Manager
Reports To: Executive Director
Function: Oversee and manage operations on the Ranch.
Responsible for: Management of all operations activities on the ranch with technical expertise in mechanical engineering and people management.
Maintenance & Logistics
- To supervise and oversee a fleet of vehicles, machinery, water pumps and solar systems, ensure regular scheduled service, maintenance and replacement where necessary.
- To supervise and plan the operations of the main workshops.
- To repair or replace certain prioritized equipment and infrastructure decided upon monthly based on budgetary allocations.
- To improve the control and efficiency of all vehicles and machinery
- To put in place efficient operational systems for purchase, storage and usage of spare parts.
- Control of fuel expenditure.
- To establish a dynamic stores system to ensure control and accurate accountability.
- To oversee the Procurement Process and ensure value for money for purchases made.
- Clearing of Firebreaks and execution of a Fire Management Plan.
- To oversee maintenance of the tourism facilities on the ranch.
- To supervise all drivers of vehicles, motorbikes, tractors, bulldozers and put in place weekly transport logistics schedules which serve the needs of the ranch whilst economizing on fuel.
- Plan, supervise and maintain all infrastructures within the ranch including buildings, water supplies, power supplies, roads and firebreaks.
- Monitor Construction and maintenance of the fence.
The Manager will be responsible for Supervision of the following personnel:
- Drivers, Mechanics and Mechanics Assistants.
- Skilled artisans: Plumbers, Electricians, Fabricators etc.
- Fencers and Casual labourers.
- Procurement Officer and Store Keeper.
- Liaise with elders and chiefs from the different communities.
- Supervision of a community grazing committee and grazing policy.
Key Performance Measures
- Company processes and systems.
- Team satisfaction.
- Effective and smooth ranch operations and logistics.
- Cost control through sound maintenance of all infrastructure, fence, fire suppression systems, equipment and vehicles as per set budgets by the Directors.
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
- BSc. Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field, OR Diploma in Mechanical Engineering with relevant experience of over 7 years in a busy establishment.
- Good people management skills with experience of managing a large team of over 100 people.
- Good knowledge of building practices, mechanical and auto engineering.
- Background in Conservation and Ecosystem management.
- Computer literate
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Swahili.
Personal skills and attributes required
- Good mechanical and technical skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail.
- People management skills.
- Outstanding organizational and time-management abilities.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Team player with ability to work in a cosmopolitan environment.
- A 4×4 duty vehicle.
- Company house complete with a servant, gardener and watchman. Provision for visiting friends or relatives.
- Medical cover.
- Pets are allowed as long as they do not interfere with wildlife or ecosystem.
How to Apply
A competitive salary package will be offered to the best candidate.
Application Letter, updated CV and testimonials to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business on 20th April 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If you don’t hear from us two weeks after the application deadline, kindly consider yourself unsuccessful.