Job Title: Regional Sales Manager – Cold Rooms
Location: Nairobi (with frequent travel to Eastern & Southern Africa)
Salary: 350K – 400K
Our client is a fast-growing technology company that produces energy-efficient cold rooms, packhouses and automated ripening chambers and offers client-centered technical support and affordable asset financing terms that allow agribusinesses in Africa to grow sustainably.
They seek to hire a Regional Sales Manager who will be tasked with building the capacity of their sales team and growing their client base.
The successful candidate must have extensive sales management experience in complex, long sales cycle, working with high value CapEx products.
- Strategy: Work alongside the CEO and commercial team to develop the regional sales strategy. Implement a growth strategy to meet quarterly revenue and new client acquisition targets.
- Team Management: Actively manage regional Sales Executives and hire new team members to expand sales team. Oversee Sales Executive’s Quarterly Sales Plans and key KPI’s. Overall (Unit volume, Revenue, Margin) responsibility for sales across channels.
- Systems/Process/Training: Improve and apply sales systems and processes for East Africa team (Sales Plans, CRM &, Sales Dashboard, Sales Cycle Documents, Prospect Ranking, Sales/Channels Analysis). Develop Sales Executive new hire training curriculum.
- Business Development: Lead new business development with key prospects. Take the principle role on flagship prospects and support Sales Executive’s business development.
- Key Account Management: Help grow the customer lifetime value of existing clients in the agribusiness industry. Oversee after sales service for clients.
- Brand Building & Networking: Engage in industry building spaces to raise the commercial profile of the brand and expand commercial network and partnerships.
- Data Analysis: Oversee analysis as it pertains to sales, markets, channels and customer satisfaction. Conduct data analysis directly, in addition to managing Sales Executives and future Sales Analyst.
- Reporting/Forecasting: Produce monthly, quarterly, and annual sales reports & forecasts for East Africa.
- Market Research: Work with the team and partners to consolidate CRM based market intelligence, and to engage in new market research focused on key target customer segments.
- Budget: Prepare, maintain, and adhere to East Africa sales budget.
Skills & Qualifications
- Degree in business, marketing or related field of study. Master’s degree is an advantage
- At least 6 years’ experience in cold chain logistics in East Africa, particularly in Kenya
- At least 6 years’ experience in B2B sales & marketing of technology or services in the East African region, particularly Kenya
- Sales management experience in complex, long sales cycle, working with high value CapEx products
- Experience using and implementing sales systems/processes/tools.
- Extensive network of key decision makers in Kenya and regional commercial agribusinesses
- Strong presentation and communication ability
- Ability to communicate with C-Suite level clientele
- Sales/Marketing data analysis experience
- Strongly motivated and knowledgeable individual that is passionate about agriculture
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Regional Sales Manager – Cold Rooms) to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Friday 20th March 2020.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.