We are hiring
Job Title: Manager, Risk & Compliance
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Job Purpose: – To ensure the Bank’s risk and compliance framework is established and maintained.
- Contribute to the formulation and development of the Bank’s strategic plan with specific attention to Risk and Compliance.
- Establish and maintain the Bank’s Enterprise Risk Management framework (ERM) which includes REM policies, Procedures, and standards.
- Establish the Bank’s Stress-testing framework that covers the major risks – Credit, Operational and Liquidity risks. Ensure that quarterly stress testing reports are submitted to the EXCO and CEO.
- Develop departmental plans and budgets;
- The Head of Risk will be a member of the following strategic committees; EXCO, Heads of Departments, ALCO, and ICT steering committee.
- Make sure that the necessary policies, procedures, controls, personnel, knowledge and appropriate systems are in place with regards to the complying with the applicable local laws, regulations and the International standards and best practices in the industry.
- Managing the bank’s day-to-day risk and compliance-related matters.
- Develop, maintain and update the Bank’s Business Continuity Plans (BCP) and ensure annual testing plans are carried out.
- Aggregation, review, and reporting of total risk information across business lines and support units to the CEO and Management teams.
- Develop, maintain, and update the Bank’s Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process (ICAAP) in line with the Bank’s Strategic Plans, Capital requirement, and Risk management practices.
- Responsible for ensuring the Bank is in compliance with various internal and external regulations, policies, Central Bank prudential guidelines, FATCA and relevant laws.
- Carry out periodic Credit Portfolio analysis to ensure that the Bank’s risk appetite with regard to Credit Risk Management processes is maintained and achieved.
- Lead, Develop and update the Bank’s Risk Control and Self-Assessment (RCSA) framework, annual onsite review plans, internal workshops and snap checks.
- Establish and manage the Bank’s Information Security office and framework to ensure that information security risks and threats are identified, managed and mitigated.
- Management and direct supervision of the Security and Fraud risk (detection and prevention) function of the Bank – which includes physical and electronic surveillance systems.
- Represent the bank in reporting to the local authorities with regards to the risk and compliance-related matters.
Qualifications, experience and skills
- University degree in a business-related course. Postgraduate qualification and professional risk qualification will be an added advantage. Risk and compliance-related courses and certifications are also an added advantage.
- At least 4 years’ experience in Banking with a minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience in Risk & Compliance at senior manager level in a commercial Bank.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills.
How to apply?
Potential candidates are requested to send their applications together with their CVs to email@example.com with the role as the subject title.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.