RTI International is an independent organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition.
With a worldwide staff of more than 4,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and a full spectrum of multidisciplinary services.
Universities in North Carolina founded RTI in 1958 as a centerpiece of the Research Triangle Park.
RTI is currently seeking to fill vacancies for the Kenya Crops & Dairy Market Systems (KCDMS) Activity which is part of the Feed the Future program, America’s initiative to combat global hunger and poverty.
In this regard, USAID is partnering with RTI International on a 5-year (Oct 2017 to Sept 2022) cooperative agreement – KCDMS Activity – to help increase agricultural production and reduce poverty and malnutrition in Kenya.
The project will also spur competitive, resilient market systems in Kenya’s horticulture and dairy sectors.
We are currently seeking applications for the following position:
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Assistant
Role Summary: Reporting to Database Specialist, the MEL Assistant plays a pivotal role of ensuring accurate, consistent, and quality data submission into MEL Database.
The MEL Assistant will support the MEL Coordinators on data entry and management activities for Nyanza (Kisumu, Siaya, Migori, Homabay and Kisii) and Western (Kakamega, Vihiga, Bungoma and Busia) Regions.
In addition, the MEL Assistant is expected to contribute fully to the overall objectives of the KCDMS activity, conducting him/herself in a proper manner at all times as a representative of the program, and is responsible for the safe keeping and care of program assets assigned to his/her care.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the MEL Coordinators in Western and Nyanza regions in the voluminous data entry work and in doing so comply with data integrity and security policies.
- Reviewing data for errors and correcting any inconsistencies, incompatibilities, obtaining further information and ensuring complete entries.
- Support in updating grantee files with field monitoring reports, committed targets, quarterly results against targets, completed data forms etc
- Respond to queries for information and access relevant files.
- Support grantee MEL staff to record and manage accurate data.
- Assist with compilation of timely, accurate and complete data reports.
- Assist in supportive supervision for data collection and entry during the surveys.
- Support on-site training on data entry and reporting for grantees.
- Conduct site visits as required, for troubleshooting data issues.
- Assist with data quality assurance (DQA).
- The MEL Assistant shall undertake any other duties assigned by the senior MEL team members.
Qualifications and Competencies
- A diploma or a degree in social Science, quantitative field or any other relevant field.
- At least two years’ experience in M&E and evaluation data entry activities
- Knowledge of MS Excel is required
- Strong Data management skills.
- Proficiency in computer packages for generating and analysing reports.
- Experience in use of visual analytics tools is an added advantage.
- Intermediate Excellent typing speed and accuracy.
- Attention to details.
- Ability to observe strict confidentiality.
- Organization skills, with an ability to stay focused on assigned tasks.
- Ability to work with minimal or no supervision.
Interested candidates should visit this link http://m.rfer.us/RTIL6K6pl and apply by April 10, 2020 at 5.00 p.m.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.