Job Vacancy: Sales Development Manager
The Sales Development Manager (SDM) will develop and implement sales and trade marketing strategies and policies to achieve agreed sales volumes, profitability, numeric distribution, as well as customer satisfaction.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement sales strategies to achieve agreed sales, profitability and market share targets
- Develop appropriate sales force and structures that maximize effectiveness and efficiency
- Manage and develop distribution channels and systems to optimize product availability and maximize sales
- Implement and manage agreed commercial policies and terms to drive sales and enhance long term relationships with customers and consumers
- Oversee work performance of staff including their deployment, Learning and Development and welfare in line with company policy
Desired Candidate profile.
Does this sound like you?
- A Degree or Diploma In Sales and Marketing
- You have a minimum of 3-5 years’ relevant experience in an FMCG environment of which 1-2 years were spent managing Key Accounts.
- You can provide distribution management support for the defined region and assist our business partners with growth strategy and execution support.
- You have experience in Trade Marketing from conceptualizing projects, executing and tracking performance and you can build a compelling story to get customer buy in.
- You have a good understanding of Commercial Performance management – target setting by customer and area, tracking execution and reporting back. Experience in using CRM tools will be a string advantage
- You have strong commercial awareness and customer focus and can collect and connect comprehensive customer knowledge
- You have an excellent understanding of route-to-consumer models especially in General Trade
- You can manage, coach and develop your team and leads multifunctional teamwork with other departments
- You have strategic awareness, good in planning and organization skills
- You have good analytical skills and are able to turn data into insights and action plans
- You are proficient in the use of MS Office applications
Key Leadership Competencies
- Commercial Awareness- Ability to understand the key business issues that affect the profitability and growth of an enterprise and takes appropriate action to maximize success
- Leading Change- Proactively supports change and effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements
- Driving Execution- Ability to create and maintain a high level of appropriately directed activity. Shows determination and the capacity to work hard
- Developing Self and Others- Develops the skills and competencies of others through training, coaching and other development activities related to current and future roles
- Accountability – Holding yourself and others accountable for results delivery
How to Apply
Successful and qualified candidates to forward their CV and copies of certificates to Kagwichris@gmail.com
Closing date 5th March 2020.