The Salvation Army
Job Vacancy: Zonal Child Protection Specialist
The Salvation Army works with children throughout Africa and is looking to appoint a child protection specialist based in Nairobi at The Salvation Army Leaders’ Training College of Africa at 22 Kabarisran Avenue, Lavington.
We are looking for a qualified social worker, preferably with experience of working in child protection/childcare.
The role will cover Africa and will be supported from The Salvation Army International Headquarters in London.
There will be significant travel involved both within Africa and internationally, and a focus on working closely with The Salvation Army leadership and teams within Africa
There will be a focus on supporting The Salvation Army in Africa to develop and implement Child Protection policies, deliver training in child protection and offer professional support in complex child protection cases.
The essential requirements are;
- BA in Social Work or its equivalent
- A minimum of 2 years working in a child protection/child care environment, and experience of processes in child protection and as well as confidence in presentations and training to 30+ delegates
- A good knowledge and sympathy with the aims and objectives of The Salvation Army, and in-depth awareness of child protection issues within Africa
- Experience in working and supporting culturally diverse and geographically dispersed offices across Africa.
- Good standard of both written and spoken English and the ability to communicate in the language of one of the African countries.
- Permission to work in Kenya and the ability to obtain a certificate of good conduct from the country of origin.
- Self-motivated, able to prioritise work and ensures confidentiality
- Able to travel frequently within Africa and internationally and willing to take on this heavy task.
*A monthly salary will be paid and all travel expenses will be covered
*For additional information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Application will be via a CV and covering letter and should be sent to the above email by March 20th, 2020.
Interviews are planned to be held the week of 30th, 2020.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews.
Working towards equal opportunities