Job Title: Senior Program Associate
Industry: Public Health
Gross Salary: Competitive
Our client is an international organization that raises awareness and provides high-level support to address public health challenges facing emerging economies.
They seek to hire a Senior Program Associate
Communications and Advocacy
- Making complex concepts accessible and actionable to a wide audience by developing strategies for creating key messages, fact sheets, social media posts and creative digital materials and mobilizing teams accordingly.
- Conducting research and synthesizing evidence to draft compelling narratives that resonate with varied target audiences – these could take the form of policy briefs, thought pieces or policy papers.
- Building strong relationships with top-tier media outlets to ensure reporting around public health issues we care about increases and is grounded in evidence.
- Elevating the voice and expertise of high-level influencers by providing them opportunities to be spokespeople and supporting them on media engagement activities.
- Liaising with partners to amplify voices around issues and ensure coordinated action.
- Following and tracking trends in global health policies and funding opportunities to continuously innovate on strategy.
- Lead specific project work streams for projects with minimal oversight.
- Oversee tracking of program activities and progress towards project goals and deliverables; developing project reports and presentations.
- Communicating with senior management on progress and challenges, and ideating on potential solutions.
- Coaching junior staff members on writing, client-facing interactions, and time management skills.
- Supporting senior management at client meetings and events.
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, international development, communications, journalism or related field required. Master’s degree in a related field is an added advantage.
- At least 3 years working experience in health communications, public health or global development.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power point) and exceptional writing
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously while paying attention to detail, quality and deadlines.
- Demonstrated competence working with stakeholders.
- Preference for Kenyan Nationals; must be eligible to work in Kenya.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV and copies of your certificate quoting the job title on the email subject (Senior Program Associate) firstname.lastname@example.org before 24th March 2020.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for the interviewing process.
Only candidates short-listed for an interview will be contacted.