Position: Senior Engineer –Service Design
Region: Country Wide
Reporting to: Manager Service Design Platforms
Department: Technology Division (SP)
The incumbent will be responsible for the fulfillment of business requirements on existing and new service platforms and enablers including requirements elicitation, analysis, planning and implementation in accordance with organizational objectives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Subject matter expertise and architecting of charging, policy and VAS solutions
- Translating the business requirements into the technical and operational specifications
- Provide technical specifications and other requirements for sourcing of service platforms
- Manage Vendor and Supplier relationships to support development and implementation of new business products and offers
- Service and capacity forecasting, planning, deployment and optimization of the platforms
- Handling and coordinating the services implementation and configuration on the service nodes, primarily focusing on business requests such as tariffs, brands, lifecycle management, etc.
- Develop & utilize new products & service acceptance criteria.
- Research and testing of new features, solutions & technologies.
- Manage solution roadmap and ensure delivery in line with the business strategy and objectives.
- Development, documentation and implementation of service/business continuity plans, including coordinating regular BCP testing
- Managing the technical resource roadmap including bug fixing and version upgrades, end of support/life, updating the resources management documentation and maintaining the database quality
- Support forecasting to prepare CAPEX budget to meet business requirements and reduce OPEX
- Working closely with other teams such as Customer Experience, Revenue Assurance & IT Security to deliver on customer experience KPIs and ensure prevention and minimization of revenue leakage incidents
- Receive and resolve engineering related escalations of anomalies with vendors support as per support contracts
- Participate in post incident reviews, root cause analysis and implementation of recommendations from the RCA report
- Supervision and mentorship of junior engineers
- Create and maintain a knowledge base and a product catalogue.
Academic/ Professional Qualifications
- Bachelors Level Engineering Degree/Diploma or equivalent in Electrical and Electronics, telecommunications, IT/Computer Science or related Field
- Extensive knowledge of charging, policy, messaging, VAS and relevant standards and best practices in these domains.
- Experience working with mobile money, payments, banking and well informed about technologies in other domains.
- Thorough grounding in telecommunications grade hardware & software platforms, integration management, network design & implementation, operation and maintenance methods and procedures.
- Familiarity with the Agile Software Development Methodology.
- Basic project management
- Business analysis skills and experience.
- Working knowledge and hands-on experience on database platforms
- Working knowledge and hands-on experience on applications development & Unix/Linux shell scripting.
- Team player
- Initiative and hands on
- Ability to work without supervision
- Results oriented
- Ability to work long hours to meet deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills
Application should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by providing an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) before 31.3.2020 including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.