Strategies for Northern Development (SND)
Compliance and Logistic Officer
Salary: KES 71,565
The Strategies for Northern Development (SND) is a local non-governmental organization working with Nomadic Pastoralist Communities in Northern Kenya and Southern Ethiopia.
SND is guided by a vision to see a society where all Pastoralist Communities are resilient and live a dignified life.
Key areas of focus include;
(1) Peace Building and Governance,
(2) Food Security, Sustainable Livelihoods and Resilience,
(3) Child Protection and Education, (4) Water, Sanitation and Health and
(5) Humanitarian assistance.
We are seeking application from qualified individual(s) to fill the following open position(s);
- The holder of this position must have a minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Procurement, Logistics and supply chain management or any other related course from a recognized University.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in relevant fields.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Must be assertive/firm.
- Must have strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Requires strong communication skills to interact with all levels of staff and management.
- Must be able to work effectively with a diverse team.
- Able to work under pressure and on multiple tasks.
Roles and Responsibilities
The purpose of this position is to ensure successful implementation of Sustainable Food Systems Programme (SFSP) in ensuring compliance of all project processes, systems and implementation as per donor and SND standards.
The position ensures accuracy of all reports including quantitative reports and making use of standard checklists.
The position gives assurance that food distribution, warehouse, logistics and reporting meet the set standards.
Other Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all project expenditures and contracts follow terms and conditions of donor agreements.
- Ensure financial and programmatic compliance of the grant to contractual obligations, donor requirements and SND policies.
- Review all distribution records (distribution center visit reports, beneficiary distribution Lists, distribution plans etc.) to ensure they match distribution reports.
- Review warehouse records (waybills, stack cards, warehouse inspection report etc.) and ensure filing and compliance to the standards.
- Make use of standard checklist to ensure all documentation and backup of project documents are available.
- Review all statistical reports (CTS, monthly distribution reports) submitted to WFP and SND SMT, to ensure they are accurate and meeting expected requirements.
- Ensure the project is audit proof through consistently making use of checklist to ensure adherence to standards.
- Share weekly compliance report with field teams.
- Ensure close follow-ups of teams that they are implementing the recommendations.
- Scheduling and planning the use, movement, maintenance and repair of vehicles and thereby facilitating the most cost effective delivery of transport services to SND programs.
- Vehicle servicing management: Tracking, ensuring timely & proper servicing/maintenance, maintaining relevant documentation and reporting, Keep records of all “next service km” for all SND vehicles.
- Perform any other duties asrequired
How to Apply:
Letter of applications along with a copy of your resume, a contact telephone number and the names of 3 referees preferably from your previous work places, quoting their email addresses/contact numbers properly and Clearly label/quote the job title above on your envelope and hand deliver to the SND Marsabit/Moyale Office or via email: email@example.com.
Deadline for the submission of application is Monday 23rd March 2020 5:00 PM.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Phone calls are not acceptable.
Female Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
SND is an equal opportunity employer.