Organizational Learning Advisor, Mission Support for Journey to Self-Reliance Pivot, Nairobi, Kenya
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm.
We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness.
We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth.
Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
Project Objective: The purpose of the Mission Support for Journey to Self-Reliance (J2SR) Pivot (MSP) Activity is to support USAID / Kenya and East Africa (KEA) staff and stakeholders to be more efficient, effective, transparent and skilled in achieving development outcomes through the use of evidence, performance management techniques, and Collaborating Learning and Adapting (CLA) practices that enable KEA’s journey to self-reliance (J2SR).
Position Description: SI is seeking an Organizational Learning Advisor to facilitate the USAID Mission’s strengthening of priority relationships, networks, partnerships, and working groups to help the Mission progress towards its development objectives and J2SR mandate. Position will be full-time LTTA, expected start date as soon as possible.
- Facilitate and support events for USAID/KEA to promote sectoral and inter-sectoral collaboration both internally and externally.
- Oversee event planning, facilitation and support to strengthen the collaboration and networking skills of Mission staff.
- Support thought-leadership efforts by strengthening the Mission’s relationships with stakeholders.
- Ensure that Mission-supported projects are achieving results and adhering to best practices in transparency, accountability and management.
- Support the development, improvement and adaptation of learning tools and practices.
- Collaborate with technical offices to identify and address any gaps in technical evidence base through learning activities.
- Develop feedback loops to ensure learning from adaptation informs future adaptions.
- A master’s degree in organizational learning, business administration, industrial-organizational psychology, or related field.
- At least 10 years of experience in leading collaboration, learning and adapting or monitoring and evaluation work, organizational learning and/or adaptive management within USG and development clients. Demonstrated change management experience.
- Proven experience in iterative, flexible, adaptive management of teams.
- Demonstrated success in leading collaborative, dynamic teams.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills with ability to establish relationships with diverse stakeholders.
- Prior experience working in developing country environments.
- Fluency in written and verbal English.
- At least 5 years of knowledge management and organizational development experience.
- Experience working with USAID Kenya and an in depth understanding of the mission and internal USAID processes.
- Prior experience working with the Learning Lab and other USAID global mechanisms.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online.
Come join our energetic and innovative team!
We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.