Customer Growth Manager Role at Sokowatch
About Us: Sokowatch is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small shops to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services previously unavailable to informal businesses. Sokowatch aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no wholesalers or banks necessary.
Thousands of retailers across Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, and Rwanda use Sokowatch’s mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
Our Vision: Dominate the duka market across Africa by being their #1 partner for all goods and services by 2021. Sokowatch will provide everything a duka needs, no wholesalers or distributors necessary.
Customer Growth Manager
Looking for an exceptional leader to take ownership of our customer journey.
You are passionate about using data and technology to unlock the potential of local merchants.
You are an innovative sales leader with a deep understanding of the power of technology in driving productivity within an organization.
Beyond technical abilities, you know how to effectively motivate and train a highly productive sales team.
We are seeking a go-getter, who is passionate about unlocking the potential of the informal economy through curated, data-driven customer engagement, and inspired by our mission to empower these local merchants responsible for over $600 billion of sales across Africa annually.
The Customer Growth Manager is responsible for driving countrywide revenue growth and profit margins.
The key primary responsibility for this role will be to execute and inform Sokowatch’s customer growth strategy.
The person in charge will also build and manage a Growth team and lead all customer-facing functions including but not limited to, acquisition, engagement/ retention, and growth.
- Execute Sokowatch’s growth plan, growth programs, and optimize our revenue funnel.
- Curate customer insight, by blending data with a deep understanding of user needs, habits, and perceptions.
- Leverage customer insights to drive increase optimization across sales, marketing, procurement and product development
- Work cross-functionally with engineering, data & analytics, product management, partnerships and marketing to design and execute growth initiatives.
- Drive the execution and enhancement of the Sokowatch Customer Experience
- Maintain a deep understanding of market structure changes (eg. pricing, new entrants, new products, new technologies)
- Ongoing lifecycle management of our existing customers to retain them e.g. developing customer retention programs.
- Development and interlock of sales targets with our sales & retention channels
- Background in growth hacking at a tech company preferred 5years plus experience in sales and marketing, business development and/or business analysis.
- Master in statistical reasoning, creative and strategic thinking with experience in course leadership
- An understanding of how to design effective experiments, and develop a quantitative intuition for interpreting user experience data
- Conversant with data analysis and the best tools for retrieving, manipulating, and visualizing data including tools like MySQL and Excel.
- Fluent in the full spectrum of customer acquisition channels, ie,
- Owned Media: Email, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Apps
- Paid: Ads (Mobile, Web, Video, TV, Radio, SEM, Affiliate), Sponsorships
- Earned Media: SEO, PR, Word of Mouth Have a customer-centric mindset
Qualified candidates to send their CVs to email@example.com clearly indicating ‘Customer Growth Manager’ on the subject line by 20th February, 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be shortlisted.