Techsavanna Company, Nairobi
Position Title: Back End Developer
ROLE PROFILE: Back-end developers are usually responsible for writing the web services and APIs used by front-end developers and mobile application developers. A back-end web developer is responsible for server-side web application logic as well as the integration of the front-end part.
Purpose of the role holder shall include activities relating to the application development and evolution of existing service applications including integration to related service platforms.
Application development duties include but are not limited to specification, design, development, validation, documentation and evolution of the new and current service applications; performance management; ensuring integrity of the web services; maintenance and fault management. Requirement specification – eliciting & analyzing user requirements.
- Design – application functional designs.
- Develop – development as per user requirement specification and integration to other service platforms;
- On a weekly basis report on the KPI of the applications & web services developed;
- Validation & Verification – oversee the assurance of application functional logic, data processing and error management.
- Be involved and participate in the overall application lifecycle
- Main focus on coding and debugging
- Collaborate with Front-end developers
- Define and communicate technical and design requirements
- Provide training, help and support to other team members
- Build high-quality reusable code that can be used in the future
- Develop functional and sustainable web applications with clean codes
- Troubleshoot and debug applications
- Learn about new technologies
- Liaise with Support teams, network administrators, information security to maintain service availability and integrity of the applications.
- Liaise with infrastructure team for prompt rectification of any problems.
- Research on new fit for future technologies and actively implement the viable solutions
Agile / Digital Experience
- Strong understanding of Agile methodologies
- Experience as a Developer on a cross-functional agile team preferred
- Strong communication skills with ability to communicate complex technical concepts and align organization on decisions
- Sound problem-solving skills with the ability to quickly process complex information and present it clearly and simply
- Utilizes team collaboration to create innovative solutions efficiently
Candidate must possess the following Requirements
- BSc. Degree in Telecommunication Engineering, Computer Science or a similar relevant Technical field.
- 2-3 years of experience as a Back-end developer
- Extensive programming experience using Java/C++/C#, Ruby, PHP and Python.
- Extensive experience with databases – data structures, relational data model, Stored Procedures, PL/SQL development.
- Experience with application security technologies (e.g. SSL) to ensure secure applications.
- Experience with CMS framework.
- In-depth understanding of web development.
- Good organizational and time-management skills.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in Agile Development/software life-cycle development (SDLC).
- Preferred knowledge and practical experience of application development on TIBCO/WebLogic environment.
- Preferred experience with Apache Tomcat application server, Glassfish and SOA.
- Preferred experience with Linux/AIX OS’s.
How to Apply
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your resume with your cell phone contact indicating your experience and why you are the most suitable candidate for the role, clearly quoting the job title and job reference to the address below.