Position: Intern Field Support– Enterprise Technology Support (3)
Region: Country Wide
Reporting to: Regional Enterprise Technical Field Services
Role Purpose: Telkom Kenya has embarked on an exciting new journey of becoming a trusted technology partner that will play an integral role in the Country’s vision of becoming a digitized economy. This will be done by leveraging on its existing infrastructure and established relationships to offer a variety of services to targeted customers.
About This Role: The incumbent will be responsible for achieving network availability and customer uptime KPI’s through on-site maintenance for assigned network nodes, customer links, Reactive repair for network and customer faults, route inspection, ensuring the quality and continuity of the services as per the company KPIs, within the budgeted costs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain consistent network and customer availability on assigned nodes through proactive maintenance of nodes, timely network fault resolution and route inspections to minimize impact of faults on network availability.
- Timely management of assigned faults and resolution within SLA.
- Preventative maintenance and route inspection per assigned nodes.
- Facilitation of key updates during the restoration journey to ensure customer is fully updated.
- Customer setup documentation.
- Carry out assigned tasks within the Feasibility and Implementation dockets.
- Maintain safe work environment by following HSE, engineering standards, procedures, and legal regulations.
- Keep track of individual performance and suggest initiatives to improve.
- Any other duties assigned by your line manager and Flexibility to work odd hours.
Academic / Professional Qualifications
- Diploma / BSC in telecommunication
- AFRALTI Fiber training / or equivalent.
- Cisco qualifications, minimum CCNA or any other IP Network certification.
Candidates trained on Safety at Height / Rigging will be an added advantage
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of SIP and experience in working with SIP providers
- Must have routing and switching knowledge.
How to Apply
Application should be sent by 10th April, 2020.
Please provide an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees.
Apply through email@example.com. and ensure the job title is quoted on the subject field.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Telkom Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to tribe, religion, gender, age or disability.