Job Title: Dealer Sales Executive
Division: Sales & Marketing
Department: Fleet & Dealer Sales
Section / Unit: Dealer Sales
Reports to: Manager, Fleet & Dealer Sales
Work station: Head Office
Direct Reports: N/A
Indirect Reports: Dealership sales teams
Job Purpose: This role is responsible for the implementation of the dealer sales strategy to ensure the achievement of dealer sales targets for all TKEN brands assigned.
Main Responsibilities of the Job
- Implement Dealer development strategies to increase profitability and increase the market share for the TKEN brands;
- Provide input into the development of the dealer management budget to ensure the budget is well informed and timely;
- Supervise the Dealer developer executive teams in the regions to ensure a motivated and high performing team.
- Support set dealer action plans to increase of sales, TKEN brands presence, market share and profitability;
- Schedule dealers to carry out and report back on marketing and relationship activities like roadshows and promotions to grow territory sales numbers and brand presence;
- Approve and process vehicle deliveries to dealers ensuring TKEN guidelines have been complied with before delivery is done.
- Share operational reports and updates with dealers to enable them operate smoothly with minimum callbacks to TKEN for information
- Monitor all dealer accounts for sales to ensure full compliance with the TKEN guarantee limits
- Identify dealership training needs and gaps and recommend the appropriate training solutions to bridge the gaps;
- Evaluate dealer’s business performance in terms of sales numbers, marketing activities, action plans etc
- Visit dealers on a quarterly basis to monitor progress on pre agreed action plans;
- Monitor and report on TKEN dealer compliance with dealer contract/agreements to ensure any deviations are attended to in a timely manner;
- Manage all operational issues amongst dealers to ensure minimal disruptions to business operations;
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Minimum level of academic and professional qualification required to perform effectively in the role
- Diploma in Sales, Marketing or Business management from a recognised institution.
Minimum level of experience required to perform effectively in the role
- 3 years of working experience in sales, sales administration, sales planning or marketing, with track record of delivery
- Marketing department.
- After sales department.
- Finance department.
- Logistics department.
- Dealers/ Dealer sales staff
- Financial institutions [Banks. SACCOS, MFIs]
- County Government officials
- TKEN Suppliers
- High Computer proficiency,
- Knowledge of Budgeting
- Basic technical knowledge on Vehicles/Motorcycles
- Driving Skills
- Report Writing skills
- Presentation skills
- Business acumen- knows how business works; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology and information affecting the business; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace
- Strategic agility – Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods
- Perspective – Looks toward the broadest possible view of an issue/challenge; has broad-ranging personal and business interests and pursuits; can easily pose future scenarios; can discuss multiple aspects and impacts of issues and project them into the future
- Technical learning – Is good at learning new industry, company, product or technical knowledge
- Quality decisions – Makes good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most of your solutions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time
- Problem solving – Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; is excellent at honest feedback; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers; probes all fruitful sources for answers
- Interpersonal skills – Is self aware, and has ability to relate with people across all levels of seniority as appropriate, to ensure achievement of personal targets
- Organisational positioning skills – Understanding of organisation structure both formal and informal, is sensitive to how people and organisations function; anticipates where the landmines are and plans his/her approach accordingly; views politics as a necessary part of organisational life and works to adjust to that reality.
- Energy and drive – Has speed and agility: taking quick and timely action; seizes more opportunities than others, pursues everything with energy, drive and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing especially in the face of resistance or setbacks
- Integrity and trust – Trusted individuals who can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner, keeps confidence, admits mistakes, doesn’t misrepresent themselves for personal gain
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements, kindly forward your application enclosing a detailed word version of your curriculum vitae together with a cover letter by 23rd March 2020 to email@example.com
Please indicate Parts Advisor as the header of your email.
We are an equal opportunity employer.