Title: General Manager – TV Station
Salary: 300K – 350K
Our client is a fast growing faith based television station based in Nairobi.
They seek to hire an efficient and result-oriented General Manager who will be tasked with managing and coordinating the technical infrastructure and operations of the station to ensure that an efficient and smooth television experience is provided, customer confidence and satisfaction is boosted and more revenue generated.
- Provide policy direction and advice to the company to ensure smooth business operations without any interruptions in television broadcast
- Provide efficient and effective operational leadership for the business.
- Lead the Production and Engineering teams to deliver uninterrupted programming for the organization.
- Anticipate, specify and recommend any technical and production equipment to be purchased to ensure that appropriate equipment is used to enhance viewer experience.
- Liaise with external suppliers, maintenance and related support teams to ensure good rapport and/or good working relationship between them and the company.
- Spearhead all technical initiatives and strategies in support of the business revenue activities.
- Responsible for driving the company to achieve and surpass sales, profitability, cash flow and business goals and objectives.
- Set aggressive and achievable operational and performance goals for each department which is tied to long-term company goals.
- Develop and cascade the organization’s strategy /mission statement to the staff and implement appropriate rewards and coaching practices to align personnel with company goals.
- In consultation with the Board of Directors, marshal limited resources to the most productive uses with the aim of creating maximum value for the company’s stakeholders.
- Assess team performance and identify learning and development needs of team members and recommend training and/or other necessary interventions.
- Maintain contact with all other related departments and Heads of Departments of news, engineering, brands, sales & marketing departments.
- Maintain relationships with key stakeholders in both the public and private sectors for instance government agencies, professional bodies relating to journalism, advertising and sales & marketing
- Monitor the proper care and efficient use of office equipment, computers, computer accessories and other assets assigned to various departments
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or a related field of study
- A minimum of ten years’ work experience in sales & marketing, brand management or in a similar role
- Must have proven track record of leading a multi-functional team as a senior manager
- Understanding of Kenya’s media laws and broadcasting guidelines
- Good knowledge of International best practices in broadcasting guidelines
- Good knowledge of current trends and best practices in news reporting, brand management and sales & marketing
- Good knowledge of organizational policies, systems and procedures.
- Good leadership, negotiating and influencing skills.
- Assertive with an ability to handle delicate situations with tact and diplomacy
- Must have high level integrity
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to influence and motivate direct reports to achieve set targets
- Ability to influence cooperation among employees in relation to compliance with existing policies, processes and procedures
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; kindly send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (General Manager – TV Station) to firstname.lastname@example.org before Wednesday 1st April 2020.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted