Wananchi Group (K) Ltd
Job Title: Field Engineer – HFC & Gpon Subscriber Maintenance
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Employment Status / Type: Contract
Position Reporting to: Field Operations Team leader
Manages Others: No
Number of Staff Recruited: 9 Field Engineers
Job Purpose / Summary: Reporting to Field Operations Team Leader, Field Engineer – HFC & Gpon Subscriber Maintenance will attend to subscriber maintenance work orders including addressing sites within agreed SLA.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Track and repair signal interferences for both HFC and Gpon including signal leakages on the network in coordination with Engineering, Maintenance and NOC teams
- Ensure sites are attended within SLA.
- Update dispatch with accurate information pertaining sites and customer feedback
- Ensure quality is attained in ideal solution provided including scope of work done within industry standards.
- Handle CPES and ensure they are well packaged with all accessories intact in cases of recovery
- Maintain integrity including management of customer premise, company Image and phone etiquette.
- Share feedback on issues pertain to the network and customer experience which by large will lead to ensuring service delivery.
- Share relevant information with relevant teams including addresses, gaps and network issues
- Respond to customer inquiries about products, work operations, etc. during field contacts.
- Produce and maintain all records related to the assigned tasks
- Perform preventive maintenance tasks on customer premises, including among others Coax and Optical Fiber cables, disconnection of idle drops, report sagging cables and damaged network devices including Lockboxes/passive and active devices.
- Ensure work tools are well maintained including laptops, Compression tools, motor bikes etc
Desired Education, Skills & Experience:
- Diploma in Telecommunication / Electrical Engineering.
- KPLC Safety training Certificate.
- Driver’s license and ability to drive motor bikes
- Considerable knowledge and skill in regards to HFC and GPON networks, related tools and materials and safety standards required in the installation and maintenance and repair of the HFC and GPON cable network and all services delivered by the system.
- Good mechanical aptitude and ability to work under pressure.
- Good communication skills and able to demonstrate confidence.
- Team player and solution oriented (Proactive)
- Compliance on Time and agreed SLA’s as defined by the company policies
- Demonstrate understanding on PC network troubleshooting.
How to Apply
Interested candidates to send your application and updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with respective job titles ”Cable Dispatcher” or ”Field Engineer” as the subject line not later than 31st March, 2020.
Your mail application will be considered should you meet the desired qualifications.
Wananchi Group is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive remuneration and benefits to the right candidate.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.