World Vision Kenya is a leading Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice.
Our programmes are spread across in most parts of Kenya.
We are seeking highly competent and outstanding individual to fill the following position:
Security Officer – Eastern Region
Reports to: Regional Manager
Work Location: Nanyuki
Grade Level: 13
Security Operations 30%
- Security Risk Assessments for all ADPs in the region are developed.
- Security Risk Assessments for all ADPs in the Region are reviewed and are current as per risk ratings.
- Recommendations in the Security Risk Assessment are implemented.
- Regional management is properly advised and guided in the event of security incidences.
- Contingency plans for all offices in the Region to include but not limited to Programme suspension, staff hibernation, relocation and evacuation plans are properly developed.
- Office assessments are periodically conducted to ensure that safety and security equipment are available and in serviceable condition.
- Developed Regional Security Annual Operating Plans aligned to the National Office Security Strategy.
- Contracted security staff in all regional offices are professionally managed.
- An inventory of all security communications equipment including satellite phones, HF and VHF radios in the region well-kept and maintained.
- All communication equipment in the region are serviceable.
- Staff movement during working hours is tracked to ensure safe travels
- Security investigations are conducted when required.
Strategy & Planning, 25%
- Develop Regional Security Annual Operating Plans aligned to the National Office Security Strategy.
- Periodically review Security risk rating for the region and ADPs in accordance with Core Security Requirements.
- Develop security plan for the region and each ADP.
- Develop and review security standard operating procedures for all offices in the region.
- Update core security requirements in the region as per security risk ratings to determine compliance levels.
Capacity Building and Technical Training 15%
- Staff in the Region have undergone the security training as per the security risk rating.
- Security training in the region is well organized and coordinated in liaison with the National Security Officer.
- New staff in the Region are well briefed on the security situation of the area of operation within 24 hours of arrival.
Reporting and Documentation, 15%
- Regular security reports are shared with the Security Manager.
- All security incidents are reported in accordance with WV Security Policy.
- Security documents are revised and shared quarterly with the security Manager or in accordance with the security risk rating.
Networking and External Liaison/Engagement 10%
- WVK is well represented at local NGO security network meetings and information from these groups is disseminated to relevant staff.
- Developed networks for sharing security information and coordination.
Any other duties 5%
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Criminology and Security Studies, Military Science, Security Management and Police Science, Security and Disaster Management, Forensic and Criminal Investigations or related fields.
- At least three (3) years’ experience in a proven security field (public, private, and government or NGO sectors).
- Military/Police/ any law Enforcement Training
- No previous criminal record or convictions.
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated personal values, attitudes and behaviors that are consistent with World Vision Core Values.
- Proof of resignation and clearance from security services.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure (particularly in a crisis situation)
- Ability to communicate well in English & Swahili (verbal and written)
- Professional – behave in professional manner at all times and demonstrate ability to represent the organization well at interagency meetings.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum (2) years’ experience working with UN Agency / NGO plus field security experience.
- Radio and/or Satellite phone communications experience, operations and management
- Demonstrated experience in designing and delivering training programs.
International Role: No – Only National applicants will be considered.
CLICK HERE to apply online
For more information on the job and application procedure, please visit https://careers.wvi.org/job-opportunities-in-africa and submit your online application including a detailed CV, current and expected salary, with names of three referees.
Current Police Clearance Certificate or waiting is expected during interviews.
Application deadline is April 6, 2020 at midnight.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
World Vision is a child focused organization and upholds the rights and wellbeing of children. Our recruitment and selection procedures include screening and background checking for child abuse related offenses.
World Vision is an equal opportunity employer.
World Vision does not use employment agencies nor does it charge money for recruitment, interviews, or medical checks.
More information about vacancies can be found on our official careers page http://careers.wvi.org/.