Job Title: Assistant Tea Factory Manager
Salary: 80K – 100K
Our client is a leading tea manufacturer, with its factory based in Kiambu.
They seek to hire an efficient Assistant Factory Manager to oversee the implementation of laid down policies and processes to ensure optimal and efficient tea production.
- Assist the factory manager in overseeing daily factory operations.
- Coordinate and direct staff regarding the activities that need to be performed in the absence of the factory manager
- Monitor the buying, selling and quality of materials used in production to give maximum output
- Make optimum use of the equipment and available manpower to ensure better productivity
- Ensure that work gets done within the stipulated budget while maintaining quality standards and ensuring timely delivery.
- Maintain, compile, store and retrieve any data and information related to production
- Ensure that all the safety and precautionary measures are adhered to in accordance with company rules and regulations.
- Implement different ideas to provide innovative operating procedures and methods to eliminate obstacles in production and improve quality after discussing with the factory manager.
- Revise schedules in case of absence of employees or in case of failure of production equipment.
- Review production, quality, operations and maintenance reports and come up with recommendations and suggestions to reduce the cost of production and improve quality.
Skills & Qualifications
- Degree in Mechanical, Agricultural or Production Engineering or equivalent qualifications from a recognized University.
- At least 3-year experience in tea factory and field operations.
- Knowledge and experience in Food safety management system, Rainforest Alliance Certification and other certification standards in the tea sector
- Experience in people management and tea production supervision.
- Training and experience in tea manufacturing will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge and experience in Environmental, Occupational Health and Safety in the workplace
- Excellent Communication skills
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Assistant Factory Manager) to email@example.com on or before Friday 10th April 2020.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for an interview will be contacted.