Our client, a high-end Salon based in Nairobi seeks to hire a Business Development and Operations Manager who shall be responsible for overseeing all aspects of salon operations.
He / She will be directly responsible for achieving sales goals through exceptional customer service, marketing the salon, sales growth and cost control.
Reports to: Managing Director
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Policy alignment with the business strategy: Enforce and promote all corporate policies and procedures, ensure review of quality standards and adherence to the SOPs related to the salon, aligned to the business strategy promoting efficiency and excellent service delivery.
- Budgeting & Forecasting: Manage and control expenses and operation costs, create weekly schedules and direct changes using available scheduling and forecasting tools to ensure acceptable wait times and achieve payroll goals. Setting the annual budgets and managing and managing profit/loss for business operations. Monitor charges for services rendered and products purchased including proper discounting according to company policy.
- Procurement & Supplies: Manage suppliers and stakeholder relationships for products and services utilized and support supplier negotiation and dispute management.
- Customer service Management: Handle and resolve customer service issues. Coach and develop the team through existing customer service training programs. Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with partners as well as landlords, property managers, licensor and beauty schools.
- HR & team leadership: Oversee the management of staff and maintain strict discipline and good performance; recruit, train, mentor and motivate the team to achieve desired productivity and recommend initiatives that promote staff engagement. Approve time off and schedule employee s according to forecasting requirements. Liaise with the human resource advisor in management of disciplinary issues.
- Compliance and Risk Management: Proactively assess the operating environment and alert the Managing Director of any regulatory and business related risks or issues which they encounter with the customer’s operation or service.
- Market management and research: Liaise with marketing department to ensure strong promotional activities and marketing campaigns/loyalty programs/CRM. Utilize existing business building tools and programs to increase sales and retain customers.
- General administration: Safeguard company assets and regularly audit the salon to ensure employees charge correctly for services and products. Ensure opening and closing procedures are adhered to and daily reports on sales are done and oversee cleaning and order in the salon including sanitation rules are followed. Ensure inventory counts are done by the close of business. Maintain and uphold safety standards by identifying and correcting conditions that affect the salons safety.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field from a reputable university.
- Must have a minimum of 8 years’ experience in a service industry.
- Experience in a senior management role in a beauty salon or beauty school will be an added advantage.
- Must be sales driven and goal oriented.
- Strong management and leadership skills
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly quoting ‘Business Development and Operations Manager – Salon’ on the email subject not later than 23rd April 2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Career Management is a proud equal opportunity and does not discriminate the applicants on any basis.
We don’t charge any fee.