Our client, an interior fit outs construction company based in Nairobi with projects country wide is seeking to hire an Accountant (Interior – Fit outs).
Overall Job Purpose: The accountant will be responsible for maintaining all the books of accounts for company in the accounts department.
He /She will be reporting to the Finance and Administration Manager.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Posting of suppliers invoices in the system.
- Preparing payment vouchers and reconciling creditor’s accounts to ensure accuracy.
- Ensure that all payments and purchases are properly supported and the laid down procedures are followed.
- Processing payments, Posting of Payments for Suppliers and other regular expenses for all the banks in the Accounting System and reconcile accounts payable transactions.
- Maintaining accounts payable files and records.
- Coordinating with international suppliers on payment and timely delivery of consignments and their pricing for sale in the branches
- Liaising with the purchasing department, clearing & forwarding agents on importations and their documentations to see everything is in place for the importation process.
- Support in payroll management and ensure payment of the same to avoid delays and ensure compliance with statutory requirements.
Cash and Bank;
- Daily cash reconciliation on Cash, Mpesa, Credit card, Cheques among others.
- Ensure proper management of petty cash and disbursements.
- Analyzing bank reconciliations on weekly basis to ensure correctness.
- Manage and reconcile the cash purchases im-prest.
- Responsible of all cashiers in the respective branches.
- Maintaining the billing system and generating invoices, ensuring proper coding on documents and account statements and following up to ensure settlement.
- Generate financial statements and reports detailing accounts receivable status per client
- Maintaining accounts receivable files and records.
- Generate monthly, quarterly or annual financial statements and reports detailing paid and unpaid invoices and other accounts receivable activity.
- Ensure all related tax obligations – VAT, PAYE, WHT and statutory deductions are accurately accounted for, reported and respective payments remitted to the regulators and returns filed accordingly.
- Ensure all the Documentation and clearance of imports is compliant with all the regulators.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or business related field
- CPA-K or ACCA.
- Minimum 3 years’ relevant work experience in the construction industry
- Knowledge and hands on experience with Sage accounting software.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Proactive approach to work and able to work with limited supervision.
- Good planning and coordination skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
How to apply:
Qualified candidates should send their CVs and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the position they are applying for on the email subject as “Accountant” not later than 30th April 2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Career Management is a proud equal opportunity and does not discriminate the applicants on any basis.