Job Opening: Cost Accountant
Stonefield Company Limited (located in Awasi) whose core business is production and supply of construction materials including aggregate, paving blocks, building blocks and a variety of precast items is seeking to recruit a result-oriented and analytical individual for the above position.
Duties shall include:
1. Managing the company’s ERP
- Manufacturing (setting items, dissects setting and piece rate).
- Conducting system internal audits.
- Updating production reports on a daily basis-aggregate, precast and blocks including factory raw materials usage and raw materials values/purchases.
- Weekly sales analysis.
- Occasionally assist in preparing quotations.
2. Managing the company’s fleet management system and generating reports
- Updating diesel transactions.
- Updating occupancy/trips for logistics department.
- Authorizing co. fuel requisition/LPOs and occasionally participate in dips.
- Analysis of overall equipment efficiency (crusher, BMM, Precast and others-every two months.
3. Stock management
- Receiving GRN for cement and diesel.
- Monitoring inventory transactions for both raw materials and finished goods.
- Monitoring and control of cement.
- Coordinate monthly stock takes, inventory audits and investigate variances.
- Submit stock take report by 5th of every month.
4. Maintaining COGS account and monitoring product costs.
- Updating the BOM.
- Running cost analysis for product recipe and design change.
- Ensuring all costs are identified and recorded accurately.
- Analyze costs of raw materials and other supplies and create cost-benefit analyses for changing vendors.
- Play an active role in costing and pricing products.
- Interpret financial information regarding cost, implication of the same and advice the management from time to time.
- Review standard costs and actual costs for inaccuracies.
- Report on break even points in terms of products and cost centers (fleet)- semiannually.
- Report on margins by product and department as and at when need arises.
Required Qualifications and Attributes:
- CPA Part II with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar position preferably in a manufacturing setup.
- Proficiency in Computer Applications more so Ms Excel,
- Ethically strong,
- Accurate and detail oriented,
- Team player, Organized and a good time manager,
- Quick thinker, analytical and high Mathematical acumen,
- Knowledge of ERP or any other Accounting System is an added advantage.
Interested candidates who meet the above specifications are encouraged to send their Application and Updated CV only to –
The Group Human Resource & Admin. Manager,
Stonefield Co. Ltd,
P.O.Box 3936 40100
OR Email – firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject- Cost Accountant)
to reach us by 10th April 2020
Kindly indicate your current and expected pay package in your application.
We always endeavor to make contact with all our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks after the application deadline, kindly acknowledge that your application was not successful on this occasion but may be considered in future.