Job Vacancy: IT Manager
Job Description: Our client, a Kenyan Company that specializes in the processing and packaging of fresh milk and other high value dairy products.
The Company is seeking to recruit a highly competent and outstanding individual to fill the position of IT Manager.
Reporting to the Finance Director, the successful candidate shall manage the Company’s IT function and provide support for all aspects of Information Technology for the Company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the formulation and implementation of the company’s ICT policy.
- Managing the entire ICT infrastructure [hardware, software and peripherals].
- Installing and configuring computer networks and systems experience in syspro system is a must
- Effective management of servers
- Effective management of data bases to ensure optimal database performance
- Application,customisations,upgrades and development of integration software
- Providing round the clock user support, trouble shooting and keeping track of user’s problems and queries.
- Performing upgrades of existing systems to new and cost effective technologies.
- Training users on how to use the ICT infrastructures to enhance productivity in their work.
- Ensuring security of the infrastructure by making sure it is secure from unauthorized intruders, denial of service attacks and protection from computer viruses.
- Ensuring Data back-up and disaster recovery procedures are properly implemented.
- Implementing enhancements of existing systems and implementation of new ones.
- Developing and reviewing of ICT systems for generation of management reports for purpose of decision-making.
- Advising management on matters related to ICT advancements, to improve effectiveness and robustness of the company’s ICT infrastructure.
- This job description summarizes the responsibilities assigned to the I. T, Manager and does not contain an all – inclusive list of responsibilities.
- Bsc in Computer Science/Computer Engineering/Information science.
- Diploma in the same field.
- At least 3 years experience in same post in a busy IT environment preferable manufacturing and sales
- Must be effective and have impactful communication, negotiation, problem solving and presentation skills.
- Must exercise good teamwork and facilitate proper information flow downwards, sideways and upwards throughout the departments of the Company.
- Self-motivated individual and must demonstrate leadership and management skills
- Dynamic in though and action.
How to Apply
If qualified kindly send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating “IT Manager” on the subject line by 27th April 2020.