Job Vacancy: Solutions Engineer (E-Commerce)
Our Client in the Information Technology Industry is looking for a Solutions Engineer focusing on the company E-Commerce and Transaction switching solution.
The Solution Engineer will be responsible for project implementations based on solution design specification and in accordance with their blueprint, standards and procedures.
The ideal candidate will have a keen interest in system integration projects and e-commerce as well as a basic understanding of API’s and communication protocols.
He/she should be well versed in current and upcoming technologies and must have a go-getter attitude and be willing to learn at all times.
They should be able to effectively translate system requirements into technical requirements for the development team.
The Solutions engineer will be required to action and resolve any ad-hoc queries or tickets that might arise.
- Contribute to Solution Design and Scope of Work Documents.
- Contribute to project FAT and UAT Documentation based off Solution Design.
- Contribute to Use Case diagrams and System Integration Diagrams (X-Mind and DFD).
- Assist the Business Analysts with Design Mock-ups based on Client Requirements and Solution Design.
- Contribute to both internal and external Training Material.
- Maintaining and Updating Status and Comments of allocated projects on our Project Management Software.
- Compiling Project Completion Documentation (DoD) and obtaining approval thereof.
- Logging and Updating of Changes on ServiceDesk, including compilation and submission of OSI Documentation.
- Suggesting product improvements.
- Configuration, Testing and Deployment of Projects based on Scope of Work and in line with Project Plans.
- Project UAT Assistance to Client.
- Handover of Projects to Operational Team and Drafting of Supporting documentation.
- Attend to Adhoc User requests including L1 and L2 support as escalated from OPS team.
- Rotational after-hours Standby.
- API compilation/ configuration
- Teleco Network knowledge
- An adequate level of understanding of JAVA/ HTML
Key Performance Indicators
- Project Configuration, Development & Deployment
- Change Management
- Internal & External Communication
- Career Development
- Operational Support
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Information Technology
- Exposure / Qualification in Solaris or Unix Operating System
- Exposure / Qualification Databases (Oracle / PostgreSQL)
- JAVA or PL/SQL Development Experience advantageous
- 5 years’ work experience
- Strong Analytical skills
- Problem Solving Oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communicator
- Willingness to constantly update knowledge.
- Inbuilt ability to multi-task, working on more than one issue and project simultaneously.
- Able to carry out tasks with little or no supervision
- Be able to work both in a team and alone
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Maintaining logical and balanced approach
- Self-motivated and self-managed
- Able to use initiative and take ownership
- Able to communicate effectively
- Report on progress and raise issues / problems when necessary
- Attention to detail
- Willing to travel
Qualified and interested applicants should send their application and detailed CV, indicating current and expected remuneration to email@example.com, explicitly indicating the position in the email subject line.
Please note applications are being reviewed until the [position is filled.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.