The Sigalagala National Polytechnic invites applications from qualified Kenyans for the following position;
Enterprise Unit Manager
Job Group ‘K’
Job Summary: Assisting the Polytechnic in development and implementation of enterprise unit operations across the polytechnic and review of processes, procedures and monitoring units for productivity.
- Development of and provide leadership in institutional Enterprise and Innovation service areas including Project Support Unit, institutional , Consultancy support and enterprise analytics.
- Improve the quality of service and increase the scale of enterprise unit activities which should be captured in the Polytechnic revenue allocation.
- Ensure effective development and operation of frameworks, policies and procedures relating to enterprises across the institution enterprise, ensuring there is joint planning and co-ordination across the college.
- Overall accountability as Head of Enterprise and Innovation for a portfolio of projects that support the enterprise and innovation agenda.
- To lead on the promotion of Enterprise and Innovation Services across college while engaging with senior management, staff, the Alumni etc. to ensure successful delivery of the areas activities.
- Develop contacts with international, national and regional funding bodies, policy bodies etc. to identify synergies and opportunities.
- Plan and allocate resources as required to meet the promotional/marketing requirements as set out in this job description.
- Develop, nurture and lead on key strategic relationships such that the institution is best able to respond to appropriate opportunities to enhance our external engagement
- Liaise with Enterprise and Innovation committee and senior management to provide effective communication and promotion of implementation of strategies and policies in relation to innovation and enterprise.
- Set Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) or targets as appropriate for the Enterprise Services support areas ensuring these align to the institutional implementation plan and strategy.
- Monitor performance of activities, support areas and projects across Enterprise Services. Monitor the performance of the team and team members and intervene as appropriate to ensure the successful delivery of outcomes.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Principal for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the Enterprise units.
a) A bachelor’s degree in Entrepreneurship or any other related discipline.
b) At least one (1) year experience in an equivalent position in a busy educational institution and demonstrate outstanding professional competence.
c) Ability to perform principles and practices of management.
d) Computer literacy in the relevant packages
e) High level of integrity.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to visit the polytechnic in order to gather information for purposes of a proposal writing which shall form basis of a further discussion with management.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified individuals should send their applications, detailed CVs, copies of academic and professional certificates and testimonials together with national identity card so as to reach the undersigned not later than 6th May, 2020.
The Ag. Principal/Council Secretary
Sigalagala National Polytechnic
SNP is an equal opportunity employer.
Female and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.