Job Title: Finance Supervisor
Contract: One-year, 3 months probation. Open for renewal
Location: Westlands, Nairobi
Our client, a media, marketing and influencer management company, is looking for a competent Finance Supervisor with solid finance knowledge and business-oriented.
Job brief: The Finance Supervisor will take charge of the financial health of the company by administering accounting operations to meet legal requirements.
Must be familiar with audits, invoices and budget preparations.
The ideal candidate demonstrates interest in managing accounting activities, including bank reconciliations, accounts payable and accounts receivable.
Ultimately, you will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the financial transactions and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Accounting: (book-keeping, monthly and annual report, annual filing, audit)
- Cashiering (maintain payment, petty cash, invoice, reimbursement, daily report
- Custodian (contracts, reports, receipts and certificates, payroll files, payslip)
- Risk management: Educate/train internal finance and audit procedures to different departments.
- Administrative undertakings (renewal of licenses, office internet, administration budget, payroll related)
- Undertake budget preparation
- Assets management: vehicle, IT equipment, media production equipment, asset insurance, quality control, inventory check, maintenance, budgeting, etc.
- Undertake property management (contract or license renewal)
- Oversee events management (inventory check, monthly budgeting, event cost report etc)
- Prepare monthly sales reports
- Procurement (control, ensure adherence to procedures, price comparison, vendor credibility, approval flow)
- Provide finance and compliance advice to management team in all business actions and decisions
- Provide tax advice and execution in all business actions.
- Training department heads and employees on finance matters/procedures/policies
- Any other finance matters and requirements from business needs.
- 5-8 years’ experience in corporate finance, finance related major
- CPA certified
- Experience in auditing, tax related jobs is a plus.
- High integrity
- Understands that finance is an internal service department that helps the company to balance between survival and profitability.
- Excellent communication and office work skills, excellent paperwork and detail-oriented.
- Result oriented, no excuses, always trying to solve problems and loves to work in a challenging but enriching environment.
- Seeks personal growth and is able to work under pressure.
- Open minded, always curious and thinks outside of the box, quick thinking, easy to adapt to new environments or different cultures, interested in business operations.
- Good research and analytical skills.
- Well-organized, multi-task, resourceful with good planning and problem-solving abilities.
Benefits: Health insurance cover after 6 months.
Deadline: Interested parties should send their online applications on or before 21st April 2020
Correspondence: Applications and detailed CV to be submitted online at http://goo.gl/T8sryH
Applications not meeting minimum requirements will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.