One Acre Fund
Full-stack Software Engineer Associate
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Looking for experienced developers to build solutions that empower our field team to enroll and deliver high-quality inputs to smallholder farmers in East Africa and across the world.
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive.
We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests.
We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
About our team
Our passionate development team manages a range of web and mobile solutions to support our field operations, from registering millions of farmers and their orders, optimizing delivery truck loads and routes, tracking deliveries, collecting mobile payments, analyzing loan repayments…
Our technologies include C#, NodeJS, CouchBase, Angular, Docker, MS SQL, and our tooling landscape includes GitHub, JIRA, Azure DevOps…
What you’ll do
- Design, develop, document and operate new and existing technology solutions according to our standards
- Ensure smooth progress of your projects
- Participate to your Agile team’s lifecycle
- Mentor junior team members
- Contribute to your department’s improvement by sharing knowledge, sharpening your skills, suggesting different ways of working and developing
What you need
Software Engineer Associate: You have 3+ years of experience, solid programming skills, autonomy, and a knowledge of automated testing frameworks and database concepts.
You will work as part of a small, collaborative, agile team of software developers…
In any case, you need to have:
- High proficiency in at least
- One major web or mobile front-end technology: Angular, React, Vue.js
- One major back-end language: .Net C#, Java, Go, NodeJS
- One database engine: SQL Server, Oracle, MongoDB, Couchbase
- Experience with automated testing frameworks and continuous integration a plus
- Experience working in Agile
- Experience living in a developing country is desired, but not a requirement
- Willingness to commit to the position for at least two years
- Language: English required, French is a plus
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
- Health insurance, housing and other comprehensive benefits including professional development and personal travel allowances
- 6 weeks leaves
- Flexible work from home policy
- Flexible Bring-Your-Own-Device policy with laptop allowance
- Free-lunch Fridays and regular happy hour nights
- A chance to live in one of the most beautiful, safe, and clean places in Africa!
- A rare opportunity to make an impact in the world by working with a top-ranked non-profit!
Sponsor International Candidates: Yes; Rwandans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application link: https://grnh.se/28e1289d1us
Closing date: May 23rd, 2020
Note: Please submit a Resume/CV, not exceeding more than 1-2 pages, which includes, Education, Work Experience, Specialized/Technical Skills, Achievements/Awards and any other Experience (Volunteering, Extracurriculars, etc). References do not need to be included, and will only be required upon request, after the final interview.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.