Our Client, one of the leading hardware companies, is looking for a Senior Sales Executive.
The purpose of this role is to efficiently manage the Branch Sales operations of the business
Set company and Sales departmental objectives before the start of the financial year and get the same approval by the Branch Manager / General Manager.
Provide leadership and guidance to all Sales Executives working under him in order to meet branch Sales and Gross profit objectives.
Ensure that all objectives as set are being met within the time period agreed by the Branch manager.
Maintain strict discipline and control of the company’s assets, records, information and on the Sales manpower.
Maintain the highest quality of Customer handling and customer’s satisfaction level.
Advise the Branch Manager about Sales & projects opportunities and threats with the action plan to tackle the same.
Complete & submit day today / Weekly procedure documents & or reports to the branch Manager as agreed with this comments and suggestions for improvements
- Efficiently handle the Branch Sales operations of the Company which includes but not limited to the following:
- Ensure that all the Sales executives of the Branch are working smoothly and efficiently and if they have any challenge, need to resolve it in an efficient and timely manner for them to achieve the target.
- Maintain and improve best possible business relationship with current and potential customers and to see that their requirements are being met efficiently and being communicated to them on a timely manner on a regular basis.
- Constantly review the market conditions by visiting key customers and market in general on a regular interval of at least twice in a month and submit a monthly report to the Branch Manager with complete assessment of market, providing details on competition, threats, opportunities, any operational problems and suggestions for improvements.
- Arrange the market studies per Geographic area at regular interval with the help of Sales executives to understand strength and weakness for each product range and also to assess new product requirements and submit the same to the Branch Manager with specific recommendation for improvement and development of new products along with feasibility study.
- Do the gap analysis of Company presence on Country, Country, City , Area level through Distributor , trader network .
- Identify the new projects coming per area and to approach the decision makers of the project through the sales executive in-charge of the area to get into supply to it.
- Have the market intelligence network, to protect company interest in terms of credit given, credit limits, run away , fraudulent customers etc .
- Be in touch with top Key Branch Customers to maintain major sales achievements on a monthly basis.
- Have weekly basis meetings on one to one basis with individual Sales Executives to make sure and to facilitate that the sales executive meets his respective targets in terms of total sale and Gross profit .
- Assess “Salesman wise Sales report” on daily basis
- Maintain all brand image, display in showroom in professional manner & to review it on time to time basis to make it more relevant and appealing to customers
- Make sure to guide the IT assistance in Branch to make Invoices of customers in a timely manner so that customers are served with full efficiency.
- Make sure the delivery system on the counter / warehouse is being managed efficiently so that Branch meets the expectations of the customer.
- Ensure all sales executives are filling up the “Quotation Follow up” form, and to review the same on a weekly basis to push the sales with a scientific manner.
- Develop new customers / markets / segments for Local / Exports at the business terms and price levels accepted by the Management
- Ensure there is no dormant customer happening due to poor sales executive follow- up of customers.
- Ensure achievement of sales growth as per agreed targets in Budget for each market, product category, segments, etc
- Ensure collection reports circulated in a timely manner on regular intervals to all sales executives and to make sure all the due collection is done in a timely manner and the final collective collection report is submitted to the Branch manager on a weekly basis for his Collection meetings with Director In-charge .
- Review the pending delivery status every day and to liaise with Warehouse in-charge to make sure the deliveries are done in specified time.
- Work and perform as per the KPIs for Branch Sales and to submit all Sales executive KPIs including self with supporting documents to Branch Manager by 5th of every month for the previous month.
- Report consistent non -performance of Sales executive to Branch Manager for taking necessary disciplinary actions.
- Make sure Cash sales are done as per the procedure in place and to make sure no money is received in individual sales executive’s personal Mpesa account , but received in Company Mpesa Account , and it is reconciled on a regular basis.
- Send the requisition of locally procurement products to the Procurement executive in a timely manner and to make sure the goods are available for sales.
- Make an annual / Progressive stock take program in consultation with the branch manager, and to utilize all salesforce to complete the task .
- Make sure all Sales force reports to work on time and are ready by 8.00 am to serve the customers.
- Make a conducive plan for up country sales trips for sales executives in consultation with individual sales executives.
- Ensure that a slow / dead stock list is obtained / circulated and taken measures on a regular basis to make that category with the minimum valve stipulated under KPIs.
- Make sure data stealing is not happening by sales executives by any manner and they are not colluding with competitors, not doing private business.
- Maintain good discipline throughout the sales force and to lead them as a role model.
- Create job descriptions (JD) and design Key Performance indicators (KPIs) for Sales Executives and to get them approved. Review them on yearly basis to make them relevant to current situation and to align them with objectives and goals of company
- Have motivational and absolute directional meetings on a monthly basis with all sales forces.
- Identify the Visibility and advertising, marketing needs and to arrange for the same within a given budget and to review the same on a time to time basis.
- Make sure all sales forces are well equipped with Company presentation , Product catalogues , technical data, credit limits of accounts are being reviewed on a regular basis and handled efficiently to upgrade it with given procedure.
Qualifications and Experience
- Education: Graduate in Sales and Marketing or related field
- 3 – 5 years’ of experience is the same industry
- A track record of meeting Sales targets most of the times
Location: The position is based in Mombasa
Qualified and interested applicants should send their application and detailed CV, indicating the last or current and expected salary in gross to email@example.com and explicitly indicating the position in the email subject line.
Please note applications are being reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position is filled.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.