We are Hiring!
Our client provides quality private health care to residents of Kenya and the neighboring countries.
They are looking to fill the position of a Head of Laboratory Services.
Job Purpose: The position holder will be responsible for overseeing, supervising, and administering all laboratory activities, in accordance with established hospital and department policies and standards.
Will comply with all criteria mandated by appropriate accrediting and licensing agencies.
Main Responsibilities of Job
The jobholder will be responsible for:
- Demonstrating the ability to communicate the hospital’s mission, vision, and values, as well as departmental goals, to all staff.
- Providing leadership and guidance to other leaders and staff in goal setting, problem solving, resource management, and outcome achievement.
- Defining performance objectives and metrics for the department and assesses the level of competence of staff in a timely manner.
- Demonstrating a commitment to a healthy work environment by modeling the desired behaviors and encouraging those in others.
- Demonstrating the ability to cope with and manage change, as well as help others do the same.
- Collaborating with other departments to create systems and solve ongoing issues that impact departmental/organizational goals and/or patient care delivery.
- Demonstrating fiscal accountability for department resources and the ability to achieve outcomes within allocated resources.
- Incorporating quality improvement data and/or patient satisfaction data into departmental goals.
- Demonstrating a clear understanding of regulations applicable to patient care and/or other department functions.
- Planning, organizing, and directing department/program activities. Developing goals and objectives, establishing and implementing policies and procedures for department/program operation.
- Reviewing department performance, affects changes, as needed, to improve services provided and ensure compliance with both hospital guidelines and regulatory requirements, and keeps administration informed of department/program activities, needs, and problems.
- Introducing and demonstrating new procedures, programs, and equipment to the staff. Plans and conducts meetings and discussions with both administration and staff to encourage participation in formulating departmental/program policies, promote initiative, solve problems, and to interpret new regulations and procedures.
- Overseeing the selection, training/orientation, and assignment of the staff. Develops standards of performance and monitors and supervises staff; evaluates performance and initiates or makes recommendations for personnel actions, such as promotions, transfers, salary increases, and disciplinary action.
- Developing and recommending department operating budget and ensures that the department operates within allocated funds. Applies cost effective measures to select and purchase equipment and supplies.
- Responsible for the department’s operational excellence and ensures that the department delivers quality services in accordance with applicable policies, procedures, and professional standards.
- Managing human resources (HR) to ensure quality services and promote positive employee relations.
- Responsible for the fiscal management of the department and ensures the proper utilization of the organization’s financial resources.
- Effectively communicating departmental, organizational, and industrial information to staff.
- Attaining all agreed to goals and objectives within specified time frames, as part of the organization’s overall mission
- Attending all required safety training programs and can describe his or her responsibilities related to general safety, department/service safety, and specific job related hazards.
- Master of Medicine in Clinical Pathology.
- Advanced competency in diagnostic clinical pathology.
- 15 years working experience, 10 of which must be in a supervisory cadre in any function in the Hospital.
Technical Competencies: –
- Sound reasoning skills enabling both sound scientific judgment and appropriate management decisions.
- Keyboard skills and basic computer literacy are essential.
- Demonstrable leadership skills.
- Sound decision making and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Business savvy.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to email@example.com stating the subject heading “HEAD OF LABORATORY SERVICES” by Monday 13th April 2020 clearly indicating their current and expected remuneration (MUST).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.