Job Title: HR Officer
Contract: One-year, 3 months probation. Open for renewal
Location: Westlands, Nairobi
Our client, a media, marketing and influencer management company, is looking for an HR Officer to join their team.
Job brief: Reporting to the HR Manager (HRM), the skilled HR Officer will recruit, support and develop talent through developing policies and managing procedures.
Will be responsible for administrative tasks and contributing to making the company a better place to work.
Must be passionate about HR, highly efficient and have knowledge of various HR functions.
The goal will be to provide excellent assistance and support to employees and managers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist HRM in budgeting
- Maintain vendor, platform, university relations, referrals, explore new partnerships and expand recruiting channels
- Develop JDs, post vacancies, screen applications, schedule and conducting interviews
- Provide assistance to HRM in executing new interview methods
- Create and maintain candidate databases.
- Under job offer and on-boarding procedures activities (contracts, first day greeting)
- Continuously improve on onboarding experience with new ideas
Compensation and Benefits
- Track and manage attendance, process payroll, issues payslip, manage and update employee information on the HR system, undertake contract renewals, employee exits and issue warning letters.
- Insurance liaison and management
- Assist HRM in research, sourcing, evaluation and implementation of benefit plans
- Assist HRM in executing new trainings, training logistics and post training evaluations
- Build training materials, personnel training log and report on training results
- Manage office administration budget, supervise receptionist, cleaning lady and relevant admin positions
- Ensure smooth running of HR and admin departments
- Act as point of contact for office key, security camera, cabinet management, company files filing, office internet, water and electricity and office maintenance.
Conduct internal HR audit
Act as Personal Assistant to HR Manager
Undertake HR matters and requirements from business needs.
- 3 years’ experience in HR, possess HR related certificates
- Degree or major not limited, welcome diverse background.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills, office work skills, excellent paperwork and details- oriented
- Have high empathy and service spirit. Understand that HR is an internal service department.
- Result oriented, no excuses, always try to solve problems and love to work in a challenging but enriching environment, seeking for personal growth, and able to work under pressure.
- Open minded, always curious and think outside of the box, quick thinking, easy to adapt to new environments or different cultures, interested in business running.
- Good research and analytical skills.
- Well-organized, multi-task, resourceful with good planning and problem-solving abilities.
- Approachable and lovable personality
Benefits: Health insurance cover after 6 months.
Deadline: Interested parties should send their online applications on or before 21st April 2020
Correspondence: Applications and detailed CV to be submitted online at http://goo.gl/T8sryH
Applications not meeting minimum requirements will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.