We are Hiring!
Our client provides quality private health care to residents of Kenya and the neighboring countries.
They are looking to fill the position of an ICT Director.
Job Purpose: The position holder will be responsible for championing the continuous optimization of Hospital operations, processes, etc. including ensuring innovation/ renewal of core processes and ensuring leading practice marketing and customer experience management strategies and systems as well as overseeing and managing the Information, Communications and Technology (ICT) function and ensuring continuous availability of Hospital systems, networks and database, including data security systems, in order to achieve reliability and optimum support for hospital operations.
Main Responsibilities of Job
The jobholder will be responsible for:
- Provide input into the articulation of a corporate / growth strategy for the Hospital.
- Develop strategies to drive innovation, including automation of patient and non-patient-facing processes in line with the overall strategic plan of the Hospital.
- Demonstrate ownership of and communicate the department’s strategic direction and objectives to all staff.
- Determine required capabilities for continued relevance of the Hospital within the unfolding landscape and provide input into the learning and development plan for the Hospital.
- Ensure that relevant mechanisms are in place for entrenching innovation with respect to hospital operations and patient experience processes.Introduce tools and processes that encourage creative thinking.
- Create a process for generating and developing creative ideas to optimize hospital operations, patient care, etc.
- Work collaboratively with the Research Manager (Medical Services and Research Division) to determine required process and service upgrades, cost implications, etc.
- Provide input into the identification of new operations strategies, business opportunities, business models, new technologies etc.
- Working with all Functional Heads, continuously analyze business requirements across the Hospital to determine improvement area with respect to processes, technology adoption, competitive advantage, etc.
- Develop business cases for identified initiatives and work with the COO to obtain relevant approvals for implementation.
- Works closely with other members of the division / hospital to test feasibility of new solutions.
- Ensure a business continuity plan is in place for the Hospital.
- Ensure adequate technology support is provided for the Hospital, including brand promotion processes, customer experience management processes, billing, internal and external communication, patient scheduling, patient history, etc.
- Ensure processes, policies and procedures are defined for departments within the assigned portfolio.
- Ensure the development of actionable work plans to monitor implementation of the division’s strategic objectives.
- Take ownership of the preparation and monitoring of the annual budget for the division and take corrective action in case of any variation.
- Communicate the activities and achievements of the department to all relevant stakeholders.
- Keep abreast of local and global best practices, articulate implications for own function and the Hospital as a whole and make recommendations to the Chief Operating Officer.
- Provide leadership and guidance to direct reports.
- Oversee and coordinate the day to day activities of the division and ensure alignment with the overall goals and objectives of the Hospital.
- Review and authorize key expenditures/transactions of the division in line with approved authority limits.
- First degree in any discipline
- Minimum ten (10) years’ work experience in a highly dynamic industry such as design consulting, telecommunications, media, technology and manufacturing, with at least seven (5) years at senior management level
Technical Competencies: –
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving skills
- Analytical and creative thinking skills
- Ability to conceptualize ideas and develop prototypes
- Project management skills
- Demonstrated affinity for continuous learning
- Self-motivation and drive
- An adventurous and entrepreneurial personality
- Strong persuasion and negotiation skills
- Strong business acumen / business orientation
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the subject heading “ICT DIRECTOR” by Monday 13th April 2020 clearly indicating their current and expected remuneration (MUST).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.