Our Client, a market leader in the provision of integrated financial services seeks to recruit an Infrastructure, Cloud and Security lead.
As Lead, Infrastructure, Cloud & Security you are responsible for designing, building, and maintaining secure network, computer, telephony and storage infrastructure solutions and services that ensure high-availability, performance and business continuity of the organizations systems and services.
You will take an active role in continually validating and monitoring infrastructure health and security working closely with IT and Data Labs teams in identifying and automating detection of risk, anomalies and suspicious activities in our infrastructure environment as well as implementing security best practices across IT and data operations.
Success in this role requires keen interest and experience with automation and development based approach to infrastructure, network and security.
Reports to: Head of Technology
Job Location: Nairobi
- Establish ICT infrastructure components relevant for executing efficient and effective service delivery
- Manage design, implementation, commissioning and closure of approved ICT infrastructure projects
- Manage the organizations network and monitor its performance to ensure connectivity and security; provide secure connectivity to clients and proactively address system downtime, network availability and reliability
- Provide overall guidance and oversight to staff responsible for the listed systems administration tasks with regards to networks, compute and storage infrastructure
- Advise on procurement of software and hardware including server hardware upgrades, server purchases, co-location facilities for data redundancy, hardware replacements, and procurement of internet service providers.
- Identify and engage service providers for ICT supplies and ensure service level agreements are adhered to.
- Establish user training needs, facilitate user training sessions and evaluate training effectiveness
- Proactively anticipate the Company’s ICT infrastructure needs and guide identification and adoption of solutions.
- Develop and maintain standardized guidelines, procedures and policies for ICT infrastructure, networks and security that ensure their reliability, availability and which enable security, observability and privacy at scale. maintaining an ICT risk register and proactively managing identified risks
- Create redundancy/ backup systems to ensure replication of primary and backup data
- Manage ICT equipment maintenance to ensure they are in good working order and maintain a preventive maintenance schedule for all ICT physical infrastructure and equipment
- In conjunction with IT and Data labs teams develop/maintain document and knowledge management systems for use in managing the organizations knowledge and information
Competencies and Attributes / Skills
- Relevant technical competencies in ICT:
- Networking with static and dynamic routing and ability to work with VLANs, software-defined networks, sub-interfaces and network management solutions
- Firewall deployment using Linux IPtables, Cisco, FortiOS and Mikrotik
- Hardware virtualization using Linux KVM, Hyper-V and Qemu
- Validated experience with cluster management and orchestration tools including Docker, Kubernetes and OpenShift
- Knowledge of Data Centre operations and technologies
- Knowledge of LDAP and Active Directory
- Knowledge of VoIP systems
- Knowledge and working experience of the following protocols: SNMP, DHCP, DNS, BGP, TLS/SSL, NFS, SSH, RDP, TCP/IP, UDP and IPSec ,
- Knowledge of key security concepts such as cryptography, authentication and authorization
- Knowledge of bash/Python scripting
- Experience with mail servers including Microsoft Exchange Server, Zimbra and Postfix
- Experience with SIEM and data analysis tools such as ELK, Apache Kafka and Apache Spark
- Experience with Agile, DevOps, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Delivery
- Experience in ITIL concepts and adoption
- Ability to efficiently and effectively manage organisational resources
- Experience with regulatory and legal compliance, as well best practices in infrastructure, application and network security.
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Planning and organisational skills
- Confidentiality and professionalism
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong collaboration skills to work with a range of stakeholders across IT, Data and Business teams
- Comfort with ambiguity and pressure
Academic Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in ICT related field from an accredited university
- Professional qualifications in CCNP, RHEL, OCA, MCTP, MSCE, CISA, CEH
- 8+ years of relevant experience in ICT infrastructure, network and system administration.
- Other professional certifications will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of common software vulnerabilities, such as those in the OWASP Top 10
- Experience with manual and automated threat and vulnerability testing
- Financial sector experience is an added advantage.
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their applications and detailed CVs with a day – time Telephone number to the email address: email@example.com with Lead Infrastructure, Cloud & Security on the Subject line.
Candidates MUST indicate their Current and Expected salaries.