International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF) Africa Regional Office
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer – EU Gender and Humanitarian Project
IPPF Africa Regional Office seeks to fill the position of Monitoring and Evaluation Officer for the EU Gender and Humanitarian Project.
The individual will set up all monitoring and evaluation systems of the EU Gender project.
The position supports monitoring and evaluation of the effects and impact of the project; assists in coordinating across the available components of the Project to ensure effective implementation of M&E/MIS; assists the project personnel with M&E tools and in supporting them in their use.
Department: Strategy, Performance and Organisational Development (SPOD)
Responsible to: Technical Manager, Performance, Knowledge and New Technology
Remuneration p.a: US$ 22,174
JOB PURPOSE: The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (M & E Officer) undertakes to set up all monitoring and evaluation systems of the EU Gender project.
The position supports monitoring and evaluation of the effects and impact of the project; assist in coordinating across the available components of the Project to ensure effective implementation of M&E/MIS; assist the project personnel with M&E tools and in supporting them in their use.
KEY TASKS (Please describe the main activities undertaken by the post holder)
The list need not be exhaustive but should reflect the most important features of the post.
- Support all M&E initiatives including monitoring data quality, tracking the progress of activities, and contributing to staff capacity building initiatives as necessary
- Provides monitoring and evaluation (M&E) services and documentation of EU Gender project results
- Support EU Gender project coordinator and management in reviewing donor reports to ensure high quality reports are submitted on time
- Assists management in establishing log frames, M&E work plans, and targets throughout project implementation
- Review and analyse weekly reports to identify the causes of potential bottlenecks in project implementation and to enhance quality of reporting
- Develop and strengthen planning, monitoring and evaluation procedures
- Monitor all EU Gender project activities, expenditures and progress towards achieving the projected outputs
- Develop output, outcome and impact indicators for the project success
- Monitor the sustainability of the project’s results
- Provide feedback to the management on project strategies and activities
- Suggest strategies for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the project by identifying shortcomings in completing project activities and developing plans to minimize or eliminate such shortcomings
- Report monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual progress on all project activities
- Conduct capacity assessment on existing monitoring and evaluation system
- Develop indicators and a monitoring strategy for the project
- Routinely monitor the programme implementation and performance of EU grants both at country and Africa Regional Office levels
- Provide inputs, information and statistics for quarterly, annual and other reports to management
- Participate in annual project reviews and planning workshops and assist management in preparing relevant reports
- Support monitoring and evaluation of the effects and impact of the project
- Assist in project coordination to ensure effective implementation of M&E systems
- Undertake other related duties in accordance with instructions from the EU Gender project management.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS (Please describe the likely educational/training background of the post holder)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Public Health, Health Economics or related field of study.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE (Please describe the minimum level of professional experience required to fulfil the post)
- 3-5 years’ Experience in monitoring and evaluation.
- Ability to produce high-quality briefs and reports in English (and French)
SKILLS (Please describe the skills which will be applied in the post, including languages)
- Bilingual (French and English)
- Good project management skills
- Good project/programme monitoring and evaluation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills – articulate, tactful and diplomatic
- Good research, analysis and report writing skills
- Good written communication skills
- Good organizational and time management skills to meet tight deadlines
- Good budgeting and financial skills
- Excellent IT skills – Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
PERSONAL COMPETENCIES (Describe the characteristics of effective job performance, e.g. sound judgement, ability to maintain confidentiality)
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Willing to take initiative
- Willing to travel extensively, at country level and internationally
- Subscribe to IPPF’s vision and values including respect of diversity, inclusiveness, social justice and accountability
*Salary will be negotiated depending on the candidate’s experience and skills for the position.
How to Apply
Interested individuals should submit a CV and a 1-page cover letter to: email@example.com
Closing date: Monday 11 May 2020.
If you do not hear from us by 31st July 2020, please assume that your application was not successful.
IPPF offers a wide range of benefits and is an equal opportunity employer.
Applications are particularly encouraged from women, people living with disability and people openly living with HIV.
IPPF has been made aware of various fraudulent vacancy announcements circulated via e-mail from websites falsely stating that they are issued by or in association with IPPF. These correspondences, which may seek to obtain money from the recipients of such correspondence are fraudulent and IPPF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees).