Job Title: IT Support Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 1 year
Job Field: ICT / Computer
The IT Support Officer is responsible for all aspects of Information communications and technology (ICT) planning, management and implementation.
He/She works closely with the management to ensure that ICT is aligned to the organization’s Strategic plan.
He/She is responsible for the design, evaluation and support of the ICT infrastructure and is responsible for overseeing the provision of ICT services to the organization and all its branches.
The position is also responsible for ensuring that the ICTs are kept well maintained and updated to efficiently and effectively serve the needs of the management with respect to office processes and procedures.
The position has the overall responsibility for ensuring that the organization website functions efficiently and effectively and develops and promotes web-based solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To contribute towards the development of the ICT strategy for the organization.
- Work with the management to define IT strategies to support the organization’s strategic plan and ensure implementation and monitoring of the ICT Strategy to enhance the delivery of services.
- Ensure compliance with IT regulations and advise senior management on the Kenyan ICT industry and the regulatory, infrastructure and commercial factors that need to be taken into account in developing the organization’s internal ICT system and external connectivity.
- Oversee the administration and maintenance of IT infrastructure.
- Maintain required IT service performance levels so as to achieve organizational objectives and provide adequate performance records for review by the senior management.
Security & Risk Management
- Ensure IT Security including user rights assignment and access control.
- Monitoring of antivirus, hostâ€ based intrusion prevention and other endpoint security implementations.
- Manage IT contingency and data recovery programs.
Project Management and Continuous improvement
- Manage IT projects including working with process owners in preparation of business cases overseeing implementation until full benefits are realized.
- Liaise with process owners to promote use of IT in effective and efficient design and operation of all major processes including improvements to work processes.
- To determine the requirements and financial implications of providing equipment, software and training to the organization.
- Continuous monitoring of IT enables investment programs and ensuring expected benefits are realized from the provision and maintenance of appropriate IT capabilities.
- Identify emerging user needs and plan for new systems or changes to existing systems to meet user needs.
- Evaluate new technologies for their potential application to business processes.
IT Equipment and Training
- Manage IT Vendors and ensure that the organization receives value for money for equipment and services.
- Identify user training needs and recommend relevant training.
- Ensure that the organization website functions efficiently and effectively.
- Ensure up to date web content.
- Encourage a culture of web-based solutions to ensure optimal utilization of the web.
- Bachelor of Science Degree/Diploma in Computer science/Information Technology.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum 1 year of IT experience in a busy and growing company
- Certifications in Microsoft (MCSE, Exchange)/Cisco/or other equivalent and recognized qualifications
- Must have good understanding of user environment management, including desktops/laptops, profile management, software delivery, etc.
- Must have a good familiarity with other IT Infrastructure technologies like network attached storage (NetApp), WAN acceleration devices, virtualization, and data warehouse
- Must be a champion for pushing IT standards, procedures, policies, and best practices to the infrastructure team
The ideal candidates should be from/residing in the surrounding areas of Kitengela, Athi river or Mlolongo.
Method of Application
To apply; please send your CV before April 24, 2020 to email@example.com.
Indicate “IT Support Officer Kenya” on subject.
PLEASE NOTE: No visiting the Office.
If you meet the requirements above and feel that have what it takes or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.adec-kenya.com to learn more about ADEC Innovations.