Jacaranda Health Solutions Limited
Human Resources Coordinator
About Jacaranda Health: Founded in 2011, Jacaranda Health is a social venture that aims to set a new standard for maternity care in East Africa. Jacaranda Health combines business and clinical innovations to provide affordable maternity and reproductive health services to low-income urban women.
We are partnering with county governments and public hospitals to deploy tools that improve the quality of maternal and neonatal care through two main programs:
(1) PROMPTS: A text messaging platform that empowers mothers to seek care at the right time and place and
(2) MENTORS: A nurse mentorship program builds and sustains life-saving obstetric skills amongst frontline providers.
Location: Kilimani, Nairobi
What you’ll do
As a rapidly growing non-profit, Jacaranda’s human resource needs are constantly evolving.
We’re looking for someone who can think strategically and perform a variety of technical, administrative and supervisory duties related to personnel operations, employee relations and employee benefits.
- Advises leadership on developing regulatory requirements and evaluation on implication of such regulations on the organization;
- Manages the employment policies to assure compliance of all labour regulations. Provides counsel to leadership on policies and practices regarding employment issues;
- Manages the benefit plans, including medical insurance, life insurance, pension, workers’ compensation, paid time off and leave policies, and makes policy recommendations designed to meet organizational objectives;
- Prepares reports, and communication activities including newsletters, booklets, and brochures intended to educate staff regarding personnel policies and features of benefit programs;
- Completes and files applicable documents for labour regulation, NSSF, NHIF and reports on employment and benefit plans;
- Coordinates with designated agencies to lead procurement process for expatriate visas;
- Facilitates the employment process and acquisition of personnel. Directs the organizations recruitment and retention efforts. Develops strategy for recruitment of new employees;
- Processes pertinent employee documents and files including personnel action forms, employment requisitions, leaves of absence and termination notices;
- Provides information to employees regarding interpretation and explanation of regulations, labor contracts, and personnel policies and procedures;
- Evaluates and recommends systems that would increase the operating efficiency of the personnel and benefit functions of the organization;
- Investigates causes of disputes and grievances and recommends corrective action;
- Hires, orients and evaluates personnel in assigned area alongside line managers;
- Ensures that all Accreditation and Licensing Regulations are compiled with and enforced;
- Responsible for the preparation and compliance of the annual (HR) budget;
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned by direct supervisor.
What you need to know/have
- Bachelors’ degree or college diploma/certificate
- 2 or more years of related work experience in HR management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and Kiswahili
- Data driven decision making mentality and judgment through strong analytical thinking
- Dependable and upholding highest level of honesty and confidentiality
- High attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Proactive, self-motivated and team-oriented
- Language: Fluent English required
- Must be an East African resident
- Experience or familiarity with non-profit human resource management
- Experience in using HR IT management systems
- Proficient in Microsoft (MS Excel and Word in particular)
Career growth and development
You’ll have weekly check-ins, access to mentorship, and regular feedback on your performance.
We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss aspirations and career goals.
You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
- Educational assistance
- Medical insurance coverage
- Maternity leave
- Monthly airtime allowance
- Paid sick leave
- Relocation allowance
Preferred Start Date: As soon as possible
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
Seniority level: Entry-mid level
Employment type: Full-time
Industries: Non profit-healthcare
Interested candidates should apply through this link:
No hard copies required or accepted.
Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 10th April 2020