Kenya Girl Guides Association (KGGA)
Job Vacancy: Training Coordinator
The Kenya Girl Guides Association (KGGA) is a member organization of the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS).
KGGA is one of the largest youth Associations in Kenya.
KGGA operates through a value based program and has a national membership of girls and young women representing every race, ethnicity, culture, class and religion in Kenya.
The Association is looking to fill the position of Training Coordinator who will be reporting to Programmes and Training Manager of the Organization.
Job Objectives: To ensure smooth and effective functioning of the Kenya Girl Guides Association Girl Guiding training events and activities at the National and Local levels Work in partnership with the County Girl Guides Training Team to provide opportunities in Adult Training, Learning and Development to our members.
The post holder will coordinate all adult training, learning and development activities.
1. To promote and encourage interest in Adult Training, Learning and Development programs to increase engagement with KGGA members.
2. To offer and organize ongoing girl guiding trainings at the county level whilst understanding the adult learner at appropriate frequency.
3. Marketing scheduled monthly self sponsored girl guiding trainings to unit leaders, parents, professionals, education officers and providing necessary information.
4. To maintain contact with unit leaders during their program in order to provide any necessary support.
5. To ensure evaluation and certification of new unit leaders is compliant with KGGA standards and guidelines.
6. Be knowledgeable about the current girl guiding adult training, learning and development program for unit leaders.
7. Maintain continuous communication with the Programmes and Training Manager at KGGA National office as appropriate.
8. Assess training effectiveness and summarize evaluation reports determining the impact of training on unit leaders’ skills to ensure the delivery of high quality girl guiding educational programmes.
9. Identify training needs and opportunities for new and existing girl guiding volunteer adult leaders.
10. Keep up to date with new and updated training resources and share best practice across the county
11. Attend meetings with stakeholders at the county and have regular contact with unit leaders, mentors, assessors, branch advisors and trainers as appropriate.
12. To collaborate with the County Training Committee in developing the annual budget for Unit Leaders Development activities and to execute planned activities within the approved budget.
A Bachelor’s Degree is required with a minimum of 2 years experience in a training coordinator position.
As Training Coordinator, this individual demonstrates critical competencies to handle documentation, report writing, correspondence, record keeping and coordinating trainings.
Qualifications and Experience
1. Holds Bachelor’s degree in Education or related field.
2. Proven work experience as a trainer, training facilitator or coordinating training events/activities
3. Advanced organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple training and special projects assignments
4. Comfortable communicating with adults and motivating them to comply with appropriate policies and procedures.
5. Proven ability to complete full training cycle (assess needs, plan, develop, coordinate, monitor and evaluate).
6. MS Office proficiency and has ready access to a computer and internet as well as ability to use technology to communicate, process information and maintain records.
7. Learning and knowledge sharing: open to new ideas; shares own knowledge; applies knowledge in daily work; builds partnerships for learning and knowledge sharing.
8. Preferably a Girl Guide.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter illustrating your suitability for the position together with a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 26th April 2020.
Indicate Training Coordinator in the Subject Line.
Late applications or hard copies will not be considered.
Please note: At no point in the entire recruitment process shall the candidate have to pay any money as a condition of engagement.
Only shortlisted candidates will have their applications acknowledged.