The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) is the National Revenue Collection Agency for the Government of Kenya.
Our Vision is ” A Globally Trusted Revenue Agency Facilitating Tax and Customs Compliance”.
KRA is seeking result-oriented, self-driven individuals with high integrity to fill the following vacant position:
Position: Chief Manager – Facilities Management
Job Ref: CM-FM-20
Department: Corporate Support Services Department
Reports to: Deputy Commissioner – Facilities & Logistics Services
Main Purpose of Job: Primary responsibilities of the Chief Manager – Facilities Management is managing of all the Authority’s movable and immovable assets and oversight for all works undertaken on the Authority’s properties.
Key Performance Areas
- Develop, organize and control effective property and facility management systems.
- Management of utilities, properties and outsourced services.
- Management of leases and contracts.
- Formulation and enforcement of strategies, policies, procedures and Unit’s work plan.
- Regular review and evaluation of services provided and adherence to SLAs.
- Assets appraisals and disposal management in liaison with other relevant departments.
- Review and approval of Bills of Quantities, drawings, proposals and RFPs for works.
- Maintenance work.
- Strategies of maintenance & repair.
- Utilities Management.
- Cost management.
- Management of contractors.
Minimum Academic Requirement
- A Degree in Engineering (Electrical/Civil), Quantity Survey, Architecture or any related field.
Specialist Training and Membership to professional Association
- Valid membership to a relevant professional body is an added advantage.
Minimum Years of Relevant Experience
- At least seven (7) years’ experience in a busy operations and maintenance environment, three (3) of which should be at management level.
- Ability to provide strategic leadership
- In-depth knowledge of building maintenance and repair.
- Project/operations management.
- Ability to carry out technical and financial appraisal of projects.
- High levels of commercial acumen.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with staff and third parties and stakeholder engagement.
- Good communication and customer care skills.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
Deadline: All applications should be submitted by 5.00 pm on 1st May, 2020
ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted
KRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
KRA does not charge any application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment process.