The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) is the National Revenue Collection Agency for the Government of Kenya.
Our Vision is ” A Globally Trusted Revenue Agency Facilitating Tax and Customs Compliance”.
KRA is seeking result-oriented, self-driven individuals with high integrity to fill the following vacant position:
Job Title: Deputy Commissioner – HR Performance Contracting & Management
Department: Corporate Support Services Department
Reports to: Commissioner – Corporate Support Services Department
Main Purpose of Job: To support the achievement of a high performing talented organization centered on the delivery of quality facilitation through performance management.
Key Performance Areas
- Lead the implementation of the Authority’s performance management system by ensuring there is adequate alignment between individual performance objectives and business objectives and performance through process such as performance validation & management of performance improvement plan
- Guide management in cascading organizational objectives and goals to staff performance score cards including the identification of KPI’s formulation of SLA’s and other key measures to track performance.
- Oversee, influence, and communicate best practice for managing employee performance as well as changes and upgrades to the performance review process.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of performance evaluation tools and provide training to staff on performance improvement.
- Facilitate discussions with management to identify performance improvement initiatives and priority areas and continuously track current performance highlighting any areas of concern for immediate corrective action.
- Spearhead the formulation of the Organization/Department/Division strategies, objectives, policies, guidelines and frameworks that will support the management of performance within the Authority.
- Manages strategic metrics on performance review completion, year-over-year ratings, and other performance trends.
Minimum Academic Requirement
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business/ Social Sciences / Administration
Specialist Training and Membership to professional Association
- The candidate should be a certified by a relevant body e.g. IHRM
Minimum Years of Relevant Experience
- At least 10 years of relevant work experience with at least 5 years in a Senior Managerial role
- Excellent decision making skills and capabilities
- Excellent planning, organizational
- Resilient, focused and results oriented.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Good presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain independence and confidentiality
- Ability to direct, manage, implement, and evaluate department operations
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
Deadline: All applications should be submitted by 5.00 pm on 1st May, 2020
ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted
KRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
KRA does not charge any application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment process.