Job Title: Administration Officer
Location: Kisumu, Kenya
Reporting to: Operations Manager- Kenya
About the role: It is a very exciting time for Leonard Cheshire’s International Team with an ambitious but well-planned growth strategy beginning to gain momentum we are looking for a number of motivated, innovative and positive people to join us on this journey of growth.
This role will be the focal point for day-to-day administration, procurement, human resources, travel and logistics of Leonard Cheshire Kisumu office.
About you: This is an excellent opportunity for a skilled and motivated, very experienced Administration officer to step up to the next level to join our dynamic team based in Kenya. Reporting to the Operations Manager and liaising with the wider Leonard Cheshire Kenya management team in Kisumu you will ensure timely, efficient and compliant delivery of administrative, procurement, human resources, travel and logistics roles in Kisumu sub office.
You will have experience in office administration from busy environment and reputable organization preferably International Non-Government Organization. You will demonstrate experience in wider operations to cover procurement, logistics and human resources roles.
A degree from reputable institution is a requirement.
About Leonard Cheshire: Leonard Cheshire is one of the world’s leading charities supporting persons with disabilities. We believe that persons with disabilities should have the freedom to live their lives the way they choose – with the opportunity and support to live independently, to contribute economically and to participate fully in society.
Our international development programmes support children in school and disabled adults into employment across Africa and Asia. We have established local partners in countries of operation whom we have worked with for a number of years. Our ambitious new five-year international strategy aims to enrich lives and promote independence for more than 100,000 people with disabilities across Africa and Asia.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- To support the day-to-day administration of the Kisumu office.
- Ensure smooth travel and logistics for Kisumu, Nairobi and International staff movements.
- To act as the focal procurement person for Kisumu office and support Nairobi procurement.
- To act as the Human Resources focal person for Kisumu office.
- Keep up to date assets register and share reports on assets movement on quarterly basis.
- Carry out annual physical assets count and provide detailed analysis of assets condition, variances and other related issues to the supervisor.
- Keep the working environment tidy and clean to match Leonard Cheshire office standards.
- Ensure general cleaning is carried out in all offices once every month. This should include discarding unwanted paperwork in the offices.
- Collaborate with security guards or security agents to guarantee adherence to office access protocols.
- Carry out quarterly assessment of office security status and share security assessment reports with the Operations Manager.
- Coordinate for scheduled staff meetings in Kisumu, keep attendance registers and meeting minutes.
- Share detailed action points with the operations manager.
- Document office related incidents and report to the supervisor appropriately.
- Prepare procurement plans for office consumables/ stationery and manage their usage.
- Keep up to date records of office consumables/stationery usage
Travel and logistics
- Ensure staff travels and accommodation while on official duty are well coordinated.
- Communicate weekly travel plans to staff.
- Work with hotels and travel agents to provide travel information, providing hotel names, drivers/taxi contacts and travel tickets as required in a timely manner.
- Coordinate travel arrangements for all Leonard Cheshire staff and stakeholders visiting Kenya.
- Provide to finance sufficient support documents for travel and hotel invoices.
- Track staff travel costs and provide monthly reports to the supervisor.
- Act as security focal point for Kisumu office.
- Take all visitors who stay overnight through security debrief and support them as needed
- Work with project managers as guided by the supervisor to come up with procurement plans as new projects gets approved.
- Support staff in preparing procurement requisitions with appropriate specifications matching the guidelines and policies in place.
- Initiate procurements of goods and services in a timely manner.
- Adhere to Leonard Cheshire, Donors and Government procurement guidelines, rules, policies and laws.
- Keep up to date procurement status reports and share them to all stakeholders on monthly basis.
- Provide timely feedback to users on status of their procurement requisitions.
- Keep records of supplier performance and present those during supplier prequalification exercises to guide decision making on continuation of pre-existing suppliers.
- Ensure Leonard Cheshire works only with reputable suppliers.
- Provide sufficient support documents to finance teams on all procurements carried out.
- Work with Finance teams to ensure supplier payments are communicated to them with complete details of the bills being processed.
- Track staff attendance in the office and provide monthly report on issues arising in office reporting.
- Work with supervisors to keep staff leave plans and track staff leave balances.
- Keep records of dully approved staff leave requests.
- Escalate all staff issues to the Operations Manager for action
- Understand and provide clarity on HR policies and procedures in coordination with the Operations Manager.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as requested.
- Should have a bachelor’s degree in administration/business studies or related diploma training.
- Experience in administration from reputable organization
- Experience in working in donor funded programs
- Good interpersonal skills
- Attention to details, good planning skills and ability to work with minimal supervision
- All rounded computer skills
- Team player
- Excellent communication skills
What we offer
- Fair and competitive pay rates
- A generous employer contribution to a company pension scheme or local equivalent
- Substantial annual leave, with the option to buy or sell leave
- Medical insurance
- Travel insurance if you travel with Leonard Cheshire
We seek candidates with a genuine commitment to the values and ethos of Leonard Cheshire who are excited by this opportunity to make a difference to the lives of people with a disability.
Leonard Cheshire welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
As part of our safer recruitment practices police check will be required for this role as well as the right to live and work in Kenya.
Shortlisting for this role may take place as applications are received, therefore we reserve the right to close this vacancy once a suitable candidate has been appointed.
Closing date: 13th May 2020
Please note we do not accept emailed CVs for the application process.
Please apply through the specific link provided or through our website at https://careers.leonardcheshire.org/jobs