Job Title: HR Officer – Manufacturing
Gross Salary: 35k – 40k
Our Client is an established manufacturer of flour and animal feeds based in Thika.
They seek to hire an experienced HR Officer to efficiently manage the Human Resource function in alignment with the corporate objectives of the organization and to ensure a lean, productive and highly efficient and motivated staff to deliver set company objectives at all times. S/He must have experience managing Labour unions and CBA negotiations.
- Formulate and manage the implementation of HR policies, procedures, processes and systems in alignment with the organization’s strategy to ensure overall compliance and employee engagement and satisfaction.
- Design and implement Human Resource Plans to bridge staffing gaps and deal with surplus capacity through coordination of recruitment, selection and placement of staff as per the approved manpower plans.
- Participate in formulation of CBAs, drive the negotiations with the Labour union and advise business accordingly.
- Promote good industrial relations among employees and manage the Labour union.
- Lead the implementation of the Company’s performance management system based on approved individual performance Rating Criteria.
- Identify and implement best practice recruitment strategies aligned to the company’s strategy and to create an employer of choice brand.
- Develop, recommend and implement sound employee relations programs to ensure the highest level of mutual understanding between employees and management.
- Initiate and implement organizational, leadership and capability development within the company in conjunction with the Management.
- Develop organizational change management capabilities and implement and support relevant change management initiatives.
- Oversee the entire payroll function ensuring accuracy and alignment to approved budgets with zero variances.
- Administer the implementation of health and safety policies and processes and ensure continuous staff education on health and safety activities to ensure security, continuity and safety of the company and its employees.
- Ensure accurate and timely HR monthly and annual reporting.
- Degree in HRM or Business Administration or related disciplines;
- Higher Diploma in Human Resources/CHRP
- Must be a Member of IHRM
- Must reside in Thika and is willing to start immediately
- Very strong proven track record and experience with labour unions and negotiation of CBAs;
- Sound understanding of labour laws and other national legislations related to labour;
- Knowledge of working with HR systems/ software
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in Health and Safety
- Comprehensive understanding of all the HR functions with the ability to develop, implement and coordinate various initiatives in each of these functions.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (HR – Manufacturing) to email@example.com before 23rd April 2020.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for an interview will be contacted.