Our client in the health industry is looking for a Matron / Head of Nursing Services to join their team
Job Purpose: The Matron assumes authority, responsibility, and accountability for the delivery of nursing services in the facility. In collaboration with the rest of management, allocates department resources in an efficient and economic manner to enable each department to attain or maintain the highest practical physical, mental, and psychosocial well- being.
Collaborates with other departments, medical professionals, consultants, and organizations, including government agencies and advocacy groups, to develop, support and coordinate resident care, related administrative functions, and to represent the interests of the facility.
- Develops, maintains, and implements nursing policies and procedures that conform to current standards of nursing practice, facility philosophy, and operational policies while maintaining compliance with the Kenyan laws, County by-laws and regulations.
- Oversee formulation, implementation and evaluation of annual goals and objectives in accordance with departmental and Hospital strategic objectives
- Ensure that the Nursing units meet regulatory and accreditation requirements
- Initiate innovative and evidence based strategies to improve quality of patient care
- Coordinates nursing services with all other departments.
- Responsible for the recruitment, selection, orientation and on- going training of the Nursing team
- Ensure that staff acquire and maintain the relevant skills, knowledge and competencies appropriate for the Nursing department
- Responsible performance reviews of staff and develop action plans to ensure individual staff growth
- Design proactive and innovative ways to enhance customer satisfaction
- Monitors staff for compliance with OSHA mandates and facility policies on workplace safety. Proactively develops procedures and incentives to promote workplace safety and safe work practices
- Monitor staff and client satisfaction with services in assigned unit and take appropriate action to close gaps
- Bachelor of Science/Diploma in Nursing from a recognized institution
- Must be registered with the Nursing Council of Kenya
- Certificate in Computer Application Skills from a recognized institution
- For a Degree holder at least 7 years progressive experience in Nursing, with at least3 years as a Matron preferably in a similar setup; for a Diploma holder more than 7 years progressive experience, with at least 2 years in a similar position
- In-depth knowledge of patient care and medical facilities procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of legal regulations and best practices in healthcare.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to forward their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20th April,2020.