Vacant Position: Operations Officer
Position Status: Full-time, Non-exempt, Regular
Salary Level: 3
Current Team Member: New role
About Mercy Corps
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible.
In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we collaborate to put bold solutions into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within.
Now, and for the future.
Program / Department Summary
The operations department is committed to implementing and maintaining the highest standards of efficiency and integrity in daily administration, logistics, procurement, asset management and IT for field offices Kenya.
The overriding objective for all Mercy Corps (MC) operations activities are the prompt and effective provision of on-time solutions MCs’ beneficiary populations in compliance with MCs’ and donor policies, procedures, regulations and specifications
General Position Summary
The Operations Officer is responsible for general aspects of operations activities related but not limited to procurement, warehousing and asset management.
S/he implements procurement and asset management policies and procedures in coordination with the relevant programmatic and departmental team members.
The Operations Officer will provide feedback and recommendations on processes and systems implementations.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Coordinate MC procurement activities at the field office.
- Ensure that the procurement department supports the programs efficiently in compliance with laid down policies and procedures.
- Continuously keep abreast with MC procurement policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and build team members’ capacity as needed.
- Gather quotations and bids from the market in accordance with MC’s standards and formats.
- Ensure monthly compilation and submission of Purchase Request (PR) master lists to Senior Operation Officer.
- Coordinate with the Finance Department and originators to ensure payments to vendors are processed in a timely manner.
- Maintain a record on market prices for commonly procured items.
- Establish Master Agreements for commonly used goods and services.
- Facilitate international purchase of goods and services in line with MC policies and government requirements.
- Forecast for procurement requests on a monthly basis and submit to the Finance department.
- Responsible for recording all new assets in Kenya in the asset register and ensure the appropriate coding and tags assigned to each item.
- Regularly update asset registers with changes and new acquisitions to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Schedule and conduct physical count of assets in field location on a periodic basis. Maintain inventories of all Mercy Corps premises (non-expendable properties) conduct regular checks (quarterly).
- Generate monthly asset and inventory reports where all assets are located.
- Document all lost, damage, sold, stolen (or other) items assets and inventory and disposed of as per the policy.
- Assist and coordinate project staff on inventory issues. Assist in providing end of project reports on inventory and equipment lists, locations and status.
- General management of agency vehicles in cooperation with the Transport Officer.
- Ensure that all vehicles are safe and road-worthy.
- Collecting and distributing of vehicle log-sheets to drivers; responsible for monthly compilation and submission of log-sheets.
- Oversee fuel consumption purchase and tracking including coordination with gas station(s)
- Organize regular service schedules for vehicles. Maintain service schedule files.
- Ensure security measures for vehicles such as parking, storage of keys, emergency supplies, etc.
- Ensure that security incident reports are completed and filed (if related to vehicles).
- Ensure adherence to Mercy Corps administrative and logistics procedures and staff policies by MC staff.
- Provide training and guidance to MC staff, as and when needed.
- Allocation of MC owned mobile phones and data modems including timely settlement of bills..
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access and ensure safety and security standards are in place on MC premises.
Supervisory Responsibility: The Operations Officer will supervise the Office cleaner and Drivers and ensure that all technical, administrative and management systems and standards agreed upon for the agency are adhered to.
Accountability: Accountable to the Mercy Corps Field Procurement Manual, Administration manual, the MC Code of conduct regarding procurement activities and MC Conflict of Interest policy.
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in business, supply chain, procurement or an equivalent field is desired.
- Membership to a professional body is desirable e.g. KISM/ CIPS.
- Minimum of 3-years’ experience in Inventory/asset Management, Procurement in large-scale Operations function.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to multi-task and process information into action as to not delay program activities.
- Conversant with procurement ethics and donor compliance is essential.
- Willingness to travel to field offices.
How to Apply
For the detailed position description and application procedure please visit the following link: https://bit.ly/2XJPXop
Applications should be submitted on or before 6th May, 2020 and will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Mercy Corps does not charge any fees at any stage of the recruitment and selection process.