Vacancy Announcement: Transport Officer
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible.
In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within.
Now, and for the future.
Program / Department Summary: The Operations Department is committed to implementing and maintaining the highest standards of efficiency and integrity in the operations functions.
The overriding objective for all administration and logistics operations is the prompt and effective provision of support services to Mercy Corps’ beneficiary populations in compliance with donor specifications.
General Position Summary: The Transport Officer will oversee fleet management. S/he is responsible for dispatching drivers, monitoring vehicle movements, ensuring timely and proper maintenance and repairs, tracking fuel usage and consumption rates, fueling of vehicles and motorbikes and arranging for rental vehicles as necessary.
Through enforcing the established Mercy Corps Fleet Management Policy Guidelines, the Transport Officer will ensure the drivers and vehicles adhere to Traffic Act and MC safety rules and follow the transport guidelines required by the MC. S/he manages the safety of all vehicles and motorcycles and keeps proper records of vehicles related documentation.
Knowledge and Experience:
- High school diploma or higher education.
- Computer literate; strong MS-Excel and MS Word skills.
- Good spoken and written English.
- Valid drivers’ license and extensive driving experience.
- Clean record.
- Two years’ experience in vehicle fleet management preferred.
- Thorough technical knowledge of Toyota Land Cruiser and Toyota Hilux vehicles.
- Conscientious with an excellent sense of judgment.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple tasks.
- Willingness and ability to work effectively with a diverse team.
- Ability to work as part of a team and coordinate with project personnel.
- Knowledge of Sphere standards and other training in humanitarian response is an added advantage
For the detailed position description and application procedure please visit the following link: https://bit.ly/2VOEPEd.
Applications should be submitted on or before 30th April, 2020 and will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Mercy Corps does not charge any fees at any stage of the recruitment process