The Nairobi Hospital, a leading health care institution in Eastern Africa, has excellent career opportunities for individuals who possess a passion for excellence, strong work ethic, are results oriented and committed to continual improvement.
The successful candidates will be team players with the ability to effectively add value to enabling good patient outcomes and shape the best clinical practice.
Specialist –Clinical Oncologist
Reporting to the Director Medical Services and Research the successful candidate will be responsible for the following amongst others:
- Managing and treating cancer patients in coordination with the other departmental staff throughout the entire course of cancer treatment.
- Collecting medical histories and performing physical evaluations in addition to basic administrative duties, such as maintaining records, coordinating with other medical personnel, to offer treatment to patients.
- Investigate and request appropriate investigations and able to interpret them in order to select appropriate oncologic treatment options.
- Prescribing various types of treatment, such as chemotherapy, medications and targeted hormonal therapy.
- Treatment of cancer patients using advanced treatment technology like IMRT, VMAT, intra-cavity/interstitial Brachytherapy, 3D Conformal Radiotherapy and manipulation of computer based tools in achieving treatment goals.
- Performing procedures to treat regions of the body affected by cancer treatment.
- Writing prescriptions, providing specific cancer information to patients, monitoring treatment plans and improving patients’ quality of life.
- Explaining cancer development stages to patients, discussing treatment options and assisting in symptom management.
- Caring for patients throughout the entire course of cancer treatment, from diagnosis to recovery or death.
- Ensure quality assurance is achieved on equipment, accessories and treatment plans to enhance patient safety
- Maintain accurate database of patient information and treatment plans.
- Active participation in Multi-Disciplinary Team meetings and able to consult widely with other sub specialty in Oncology for the best interest of the patient.
- Be research oriented and able to enhance evidence based practice
- Any other duty assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Masters of Medicine in Clinical Oncology.
- Specialist Recognition from Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council
- Valid registration and annual practice license
- Minimum experience (over 5 years)
- Sound diagnostic skills and judgment
- Valid license from Kenya Radiation Protection Board with prior experience of working with linear accelerators and simulation equipment
- Delivery of radiotherapy in a facility equipped with Image Modulated Radiation Therapy, Prostate brachytherapy Volumetric Arc Therapy and Radio-Iodine Treatment will be an added advantage
- Detail oriented
- Good analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good interpersonal relations
- Advance Cardiac Life Support (added advantage)
- Advance Trauma Life Support (added advantage)
- Paediatric Advanced Life Support (added advantage)
- Proficiency in I.T. with regards to Oncology Information System and able to practice in a paperless working environment (added advantage)
How to Apply
If your background, experience and competence match the provided specifications, please send us your application to : email@example.com quoting the reference and include your current remuneration, testimonials and full contact details of 3 referees to be received not later than Friday, 8th May, 2020.
ONLY ONLINE applications will be accepted and ONLY SHORTLISTED candidates will be contacted.
The Nairobi Hospital does NOT charge recruitment fees.
Candidates invited for interviews will be required to present both originals and clear copies (where applicable) of the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA PIN Certificate
- Current Colored Passport Photo
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Valid Certificate of Good Conduct
- Academic and Professional Certificates
- Certificates of Service from previous employers
THE NAIROBI HOSPITAL DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING).
Human Resources Director
The Nairobi Hospital
P.O. Box 30026 – 00100