The Nairobi Hospital, a leading health care institution in Eastern Africa, has excellent career opportunities for individuals who possess a passion for excellence, strong work ethic, are results oriented and committed to continual improvement.
The successful candidates will be team players with the ability to effectively add value to enabling good patient outcomes and shape the best clinical practice.
Specialist – Radiology
Reporting to Chief Radiologist, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following amongst others:
- Reporting of imaging studies in communication with the clinical teams. These studies include general radiography, ultrasound, mammography, cross-sectional imaging and fluoroscopy. Additional expertise in basic imaging-guided interventional procedures would be an added advantage.
- Continuous supervision and education of imaging technologists in the department to ensure good customer experiences, economical use of imaging equipment/consumables and excellent diagnostic image quality in all modalities.
- Active member of the multidisciplinary health care team and contribute to the continuing professional development programs in the hospital.
- Development and review of imaging pathways and protocols in the various imaging modalities in line with departmental quality improvement.
- Observing all the standard operating procedures within the department. These include communication of critical findings within agreed time limits and adhering to laid out expected report turnaround times.
- Maintaining patient confidentiality and professional work ethic.
- Carrying out on the job training and mentorship of senior registrars in the specialist recognition program as well as instruction of radiology residents on external rotation within the hospital.
- Enhance evidence-based practice in the department. Participate in and spearhead hospital-based research activities.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Masters of Medicine in Radiology from a CUE (Commission for University Education) recognized institution
- Specialist Recognition from Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board
- Valid registration and annual practice licenses
- At least 4 years work experience post-specialist recognition
- Sound diagnostic skills
- Proficiency in I.T. with regards to PACS/RIS and remote reporting access
- Strong interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills
- Certification in BLS
How to Apply
If your background, experience and competence match the provided specifications, please send us your application to : email@example.com quoting the reference and include your current remuneration, testimonials and full contact details of 3 referees to be received not later than Friday, 8th May, 2020.
ONLY ONLINE applications will be accepted and ONLY SHORTLISTED candidates will be contacted.
The Nairobi Hospital does NOT charge recruitment fees.
Candidates invited for interviews will be required to present both originals and clear copies (where applicable) of the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA PIN Certificate
- Current Colored Passport Photo
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Valid Certificate of Good Conduct
- Academic and Professional Certificates
- Certificates of Service from previous employers
THE NAIROBI HOSPITAL DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING).
Human Resources Director
The Nairobi Hospital
P.O. Box 30026 – 00100