The Nairobi Hospital, a leading health care institution in Eastern Africa, has excellent career opportunities for individuals who possess a passion for excellence, strong work ethic, are results oriented and committed to continual improvement.
The successful candidates will be team players with the ability to effectively add value to enabling good patient outcomes and shape the best clinical practice.
Senior Pharmacist (Stores)
Reporting to Chief Pharmacist, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following amongst others:
- Providing leadership to the pharmacy stores and ensuring efficient and effective provision of excellent services to user departments while executing/implementing pharmacy operational procedures.
- Assisting the Procurement & Stores Manager in coordinating the day to day operations of the Pharmacy Stores as guided by the procurement policy manual.
- Ensuring timely and efficient delivery of medicines to all user departments.
- Setting, reviewing operationalising suitable reorder levels and implementing systems to ensure no stock outs.
- Developing and maintaining appropriate pharmacy stores controls and security measures in pharmacy stores and reporting any security concerns regarding stocks and the stock management system immediately to Purchasing & Supplies Manager
- Ensuring proper lay out and arrangement of pharmacy stores for ease of receipt and issuance of drugs and, to aid proper stock arrangement and security controls.
- Carrying out regular inspections of medicine storage areas within the pharmacy store and other auxiliary medicine stores including theatres, ICU and A&E to ensure that appropriate drug issuance and storage regulations are adhered to.
- Establishing and maintaining effective channels of communication between Procurement & Supplies and other departments.
- Ensuring that procured medicines meet the highest quality standards at all times.
- Establishing and maintaining a system for ensuring no short expiry drugs are received and ensuring that monitoring and return of short expiry medicines is adhered to in line with the Hospital’s Short Expiry Drug Policy.
- Ensuring that pharmaceutical and related substances are stored under conditions which conform to statutory and manufacturers’ requirements.
- Ensuring that medicines requiring cold storage are kept in designated refrigerators, there is daily monitoring of the fridge temperatures and that action is taken if the temperature is outside the normal range.
- Ensuring that controlled drugs are stored and handled in compliance with the requirements of the Psychotropics and Narcotics Drugs Act and the published regulations of Pharmacy & Poisons Board.
- Putting in place a system of measuring operational performance indicators of work systems and effectiveness including service turnaround time and supplier performance. Ensuring that medicines are managed in an efficient and effective way in order to control and reduce inventory costs.
- Ensuring that random and quarterly stock takes are carried out and that any variances are promptly reported, investigated.
- Supervision and appraisal of staff working at the pharmacy stores
- To keep close contact with the Pharmaceutical Society of Kenya, the Ministry of Health and other professional bodies ensuring that the department is kept abreast with all new developments in the pharmaceutical field.
- Carrying out any other duty as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy
- Registration with the Pharmacy and Poisons Board.
- Minimum of 10 years working experience in hospital, retail or industrial practice
- Possession of valid annual practicing license.
- Good supervisory qualities.
- Excellent organization skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- High level of integrity
- Training or competence in supply chain management or warehousing will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
If your background, experience and competence match the provided specifications, please send us your application to : firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the reference and include your current remuneration, testimonials and full contact details of 3 referees to be received not later than Friday, 8th May, 2020.
ONLY ONLINE applications will be accepted and ONLY SHORTLISTED candidates will be contacted.
The Nairobi Hospital does NOT charge recruitment fees.
Candidates invited for interviews will be required to present both originals and clear copies (where applicable) of the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA PIN Certificate
- Current Colored Passport Photo
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Valid Certificate of Good Conduct
- Academic and Professional Certificates
- Certificates of Service from previous employers
THE NAIROBI HOSPITAL DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING).
Human Resources Director
The Nairobi Hospital
P.O. Box 30026 – 00100