National Bank – A Subsidiary of KCB Group Plc.
Position Title: Senior Networks Manager
Job Ref No. HR/050/2020
Reporting to: Head, ICT Infrastructure
Position Scope: Reporting to the Head, ICT Infrastructure, the role holder is responsible for offering leadership to the front line support team for the Bank’s network Infrastructure including the Telephony system. The role will include ensuring research, testing and support of the Bank’s network system in line with best practice and the Bank’s ICT guidelines.
- Drive research and Innovation within the department to ensure resource efficient means of operation.
- Ensure the team offers first level support for all network incidences, maintenance and related issues in the Bank.
- Ensure exceptional customer experience through prompt resolution of all Network problems.
- Implement preventive maintenance of the Network Infrastructure in the Bank in line with the Bank’s ICT guidelines and related compliance requirements.
- Ensure compliance of Network documentation and maintenance within the Bank’s ICT guidelines.
- Ensure effective management of Configuration of all Network equipment in the Bank including backup configuration and application of Standardized configuration templates to the Network equipment.
- Ensure validity of the Bank’s Network licenses and facilitate acquisition of the same where required before expiry.
- Evaluate the Bank’s equipment requirements for supply, implementation and development of new or existing services and systems.
- Facilitate the development of detailed plans to ensure effective scheduling of ICT Change during Technology projects in the Bank within expected time and cost frames.
- Ensure SLA adherence, monitoring & breaches reporting standards are upheld in line with the ICT guidelines.
- Ensure the highest level of network system availability and performance is achieved through monitoring and proactive initiatives.
- Facilitate regular monitoring of all outstanding faults and liaison with services providers regarding the faults and provide periodic reports on network and bandwidth utilization.
- Ensure BCP/ DRP process and documentation reviews are undertaken as recommended by ICT guidelines, ICT Risk guidelines and best practice.
- Ensure periodic network self-assessments are carried out on key controls to assess the proper functioning and adequacy of existing controls and highlight emerging issues and follow through for closure.
Qualifications, Experience, Skills & Personal Attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in ICT, Computer Science or in a Business related field from a recognized University.
- Cisco Certification CCNA (Route & Switch), CCNA Security, CCNP (Route & Switch).
- 8 years’ experience in Banking of which Five (5) should be ICT Networks at senior management level.
- Knowledge of Firewalls (Check Point & Cisco ASA)
- Knowledge of network configuration and troubleshooting will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of network types i.e. LAN, WAN will be preferred.
- Experience of managing the performance of information / information technology and telecommunications systems services.
- Experience of application and release management and ICT change management.
- Experience of building strong working relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
- Leadership and management-ability to lead teams, mentor and coach staff to goal definition and achievement
- Strong customer focus.
- Experience in delivering strategic and tactical technology change.
- Project management experience.
- Good communication and negotiation skills.
- Positive can do attitude and flexibility of approach. Ability to drive change.
- Governance – knowledge and ability to ensure good governance practices in assigned Department
- Analytical –highly analytical and ability to challenge status quo based on quantitative facts and impacts
- Integrity and honesty and ethics- ensures ethical practices and integrity and ensures NBK is not put at reputational risk.
How to Apply:
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your ability to meet the criteria for the above role, please submit your application including copies of your academic and professional certificates, testimonials and your curriculum vitae through the link provided below. Please indicate your current position, current remuneration, email and telephone contacts of three (3) referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience.
To be considered, submit your application on or before by 17th April 2020.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next stage/s of the recruitment and selection process.
National Bank of Kenya is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Let us grow together