DSW seeks to recruit a National Team Coordinator – Monitoring, Research & Evaluation.
Place of Work: Nairobi
Reporting to: National Department Manager-Programs and Projects
Introduction: DSW Kenya is a non-governmental organisation registered in Kenya as one of the East African country offices of Deutsche Stiftung Weltbevölkerung (DSW), a global development organisation founded and headquartered in Germany.
DSW Kenya focuses on the needs and potential of the largest youth generation in history.
We are committed to creating demand for and access to health information, services and supplies for the youth, and to securing their right for a brighter future. We achieve this by engaging in advocacy, capacity development, and family planning initiatives, which makes sure the youth of today are empowered to lead healthy and self-determined lives.
Established in May 2000, DSW Kenya has its headquarters in Nairobi with additional offices in Mombasa and Kitale and active programme interventions in 16 counties.
General Responsibilities: The National Team Coordinator- Monitoring, Research & Evaluation will lead design of M & E frameworks, analysis and management of data emanating from all DSW projects, develop base – mid and end line evaluation, support preparation of project reports, support project design, and provide technical assistance to both program staff and in monitoring and evaluating activities and programs.
He/She is responsible for the maintenance of all project data in line with donor requirements and other key stakeholders.
M&E system development, standardization and management
- Overall design and implementation of all monitoring and evaluation processes and procedures.
- Lead the design of efficient and user friendly M&E framework & tools to capture quantitative and qualitative data that would be appropriate for M&E and reporting.
- Working in close collaboration with HO, coordinating the Management of tools and database for M & E.
- Periodically validate incoming data prior to being coded in the M&E system.
Programme Development and support
- Facilitate the development and maintenance of the logical framework matrix of the current and new projects being designed.
- Facilitate periodic review and monitoring visits of programme performance of all DSW kenya funded programmes.
- Contribute towards the development of new action programmes/programme design.
Reporting and Documentation
- Ensure the collation and documentation of assessments, relevant program data, lessons learned and good practices, while ensuring that these materials are well archived, easily acceptable but also protected.
- Support production of high quality reports and other written documents for submission to donors and other stakeholders.
- Facilitate dissemination of M&E results generated from projects implementation as deemed appropriate.
Research, partnership and Networking
- Support internet based research on funding and partnership opportunities for DSW Kenya as well as to build an information base for programming.
- Official Liaison person between DSW and partners in issues of M&E.
- Work with project officers at the national level to coordinate data management, documentation and publications.
- Collaborate with project staff and implementing partners, prepare reports on M&E findings for internal and external stakeholders.
Capacity building of staff and partners
- Support the training of local partners and programme staff on the M&E framework for the projects, which will not be limited to data collection, quality assurance, data management, and report writing.
- Provide day to day technical support to staff and partners should gaps in the M&E processes arise.
Requirements and Experience
- A successful candidate must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences or Statistics with at least five (5) years’ work experience in NGO setting leading M & E.
- Post graduate training in Project Management, Monitoring & Evaluation and related fields an added advantage
- Good understanding of youth empowerment, gender and Reproductive health issues.
- Good networking and capacity building skills, good communication skills.
- Preference for good working knowledge with Excel, Access, SPSS, or other statistical programs.
- Team management experience.
- Ability to work independently and also within a team.
- High level of personal integrity.
How to Apply
If interested, please send your application (CV and motivation letter stating your salary expectations) with the reference “National Team Coordinator – Monitoring, Research & Evaluation clearly indicated in the email subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for application: 1st May, 2020 COB.
Ideal start date: Immediate.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
DSW is an equal opportunity employer and does not require applicants to pay money at any stage during the recruitment process.